(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not trying to debate
But I honestly want people to put out why hotels will mean more investment into this park, does that mean more rides? Shows? Lands?

We are losing HHN space from the second hotel, so I'm open to hear how this improves the theme park that change how they support it today

It will be great for AP holders who live outside the metro area for weekend getaways. Early Entry and maybe character dining would also be selling points. Not to mention it will be slammed for HHNs, especially if they do stuff like Cabana Bay.

I hope they go with more of a 1920 old Hollywood art deco theme over the currently popular contemporary Airport Marriott theme. Also a roof top bar and/or infinity edge pool would be a nice touch.

“Universal Studios Hollywood needs to expand!”

“No. Not like that!”

Haha, no that's not what I'm saying. I'm not posting on here all the time like "more Nintendo more blah blah. RIDES". I still think they need to figure out their new addition and take time with that.

I'm just more like "okay... then that's cool I guess? if they wanna do it fine but I don't really see the dying need nor get why people are like 'finallyyy i can stay on property' when you walk across a pedestrian bridge right to security right now on Universal property". For the HHN argument, I've seen people stay at the Hilton for HHN already.

Even if this came with early entry and express, it's not gonna be this cheap option or an easy purchase for the average person. This is for people with money like the hotels that exist already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
People are already staying at The Hilton to go to USH, so why keep giving all that money to Hilton?

I mean yeah, its building for the sake of that pretty much as I've said before:

I get that those aren't owned by Universal, but being built just for the sake of just having a Universal owned hotel isn't really a huge compelling reason.

It's just to cut competition and have their stake, but it's not like this competition is really selling crazy as it is. My thoughts are more like "you can go get that loose change I guess...". I'm sure this would become the first option with having early access alone for sure if the price is right since these hotels don't offer that anymore.

As I've said before, I'm not anti-build the hotel. I was just expressing that I don't get the real dying need or the "oh finally I can stay on property" takes from a consumer standpoint. Also I know this means they'll build more rides and experiences, I'm not silly, they're gonna need that with this investment for sure as this is a movie studio first that happens to have a small Universal park attached to it.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, its building for the sake of that pretty much as I've said before:

It's just to cut competition and have their stake, but it's not like this competition is really selling crazy as it is. My thoughts are more like "you can go get that loose change I guess...". I'm sure this would become the first option with having early access alone for sure if the price is right since these hotels don't offer that anymore.

As I've said before, I'm not anti-build the hotel. I was just expressing that I don't get the real dying need or the "oh finally I can stay on property" takes from a consumer standpoint.
And the profits of 60% capacity would go to Universal entirely instead. Why settle for a quarter when you can make a buck? And the ROI would obviously be spent on expanding the park. Do you think WDW needs 30+ hotels? Does UOR need 8? I'm sure you can book some rooms right now for both. It's just easy dumb money while also providing a cohesive experience.

I'm not sure what else a new hotel would do to make USH a resort
Jerrod, that literally is what makes USH into a resort. Making the theme park bigger just means a bigger theme park...

Not trying to debate
But I honestly want people to put out why hotels will mean more investment into this park, does that mean more rides? Shows? Lands?

We are losing HHN space from the second hotel, so I'm open to hear how this improves the theme park that change how they support it today
…..what if it’s a Nintendo Hotel?

And the profits of 60% capacity would go to Universal entirely instead. Why settle for a quarter when you can make a buck? And the ROI would obviously be spent on expanding the park. Do you think WDW needs 30+ hotels? Does UOR need 8? I'm sure you can book some rooms right now for both. It's just easy dumb money while also providing a cohesive experience.
Sure, but I do wonder if that return will be some huge impactful whale, but yes it'll at least be something once the costs of building this are out of the way. And in the case of WDW and UOR, they do sell those rooms besides the super expensive ones so I'd say yeah people are buying those for sure and the supply is warranted.

I'm also in the thought that this is a movie studio first. The idea that USH can be some resort like even Disneyland is kinda silly to me. I think it can be Legoland-esque (in the way that has a hotel and a park) at best.

Sure, but I do wonder if that return will be some huge impactful whale, but yes it'll at least be something once the costs of building this are out of the way. And in the case of WDW and UOR, they do sell those rooms besides the super expensive ones so I'd say yeah people are buying those for sure and the supply is warranted.

I'm also in the thought that this is a movie studio first. The idea that USH can be some resort like even Disneyland is kinda silly to me. I think it can be Legoland-esque (in the way that has a hotel and a park) at best.

It's gotta start somewhere. If they're building 3, then I would be scoffing, too - but it's just 1.

…..what if it’s a Nintendo Hotel?
We know it wont be and that would be a unique attraction vs....generic hotel. I'd more be interested in a Nintendo Hotel because its Nintendo and they would for sure make the hotel something unique like its land

Thats what I'm confused about as well, thought we were hearing the studios didn't want to give up more land but signals at least that they seem to want this park to be a resort which will require tons studio land becoming more theme park land.

Its not knee jerk

We have talked about the hotel before. Space is my issue besides SNW, USH is still just reusing the same old areas and not really adding capacity to the park. I hope this does something but unless we get a second park or more then two new attractions a year

I'm not sure what else a new hotel would do to make USH a resort
You say it's not knee-jerk, and yet I get the feeling that if, for example, new non-Nintendo rides/shows/lands were announced (in addition to the Fast and Furious coaster), but not a hotel, your reaction would be something like "Why aren't they building a new hotel to accommodate all these new rides/shows/lands?"

Your point on expansion is well taken -- historically, USH tends to re-skin; they don't often break ground -- but not only have we seen evidence of that changing with SNW, this park has never add an official hotel, so while it may not meet the definition of expansion in a physical sense, it is undeniably an expansion of scope, and I highly doubt they'd expand the scope in such a way that would outmatch physical expansion.

Maybe you disagree, but that's presumptuous -- and yes, knee-jerk.

Was pretty meh about this till someone mentioned the idea of HHN packages which would be so convenient and desperately needed on site over walking to the Sheraton. Super enticing if that’s the case. Would definitely invest in a suite for that.

What kind of package would we get that would be different than Orlando's? They don't really offer a perk besides being close to the park, they just put all the stuff you can buy a la carte together in the cart for you (with a length of stay discount). If only they'd give us HHN express or something for staying I would find people to book it together for sure.

Unrelated, but if they did get a Nintendo room, i'd check it out I think not gonna lie hahah

You say it's not knee-jerk, and yet I get the feeling that if, for example, new non-Nintendo rides/shows/lands were announced (in addition to the Fast and Furious coaster), but not a hotel, your reaction would be something like "Why aren't they building a new hotel to accommodate all these new rides/shows/lands?"

Your point on expansion is well taken -- historically, USH tends to re-skin; they don't often break ground -- but not only have we seen evidence of that changing with SNW, this park has never add an official hotel, so while it may not meet the definition of expansion in a physical sense, it is undeniably an expansion of scope, and I highly doubt they'd expand the scope in such a way that would outmatch physical expansion.

Maybe you disagree, but that's presumptuous -- and yes, knee-jerk.
You don't know me well then

I use hotels to sleep in, thats it. So I will never be pushing for a hotel unless is something that is unique.

As of now USH has the parking to allow more attractions and lands and not need a hotel, the hotel is so USH just gets more money. I'm not against them making more money but losing HHN space and other theme park space when we are limited on land is a hard sell for me. If this hotel was kinda off site in an area that could never be theme park land then I would not care either way, I'd be happy for the guests who want that

You don't know me well then

I use hotels to sleep in, thats it. So I will never be pushing for a hotel unless is something that is unique.

As of now USH has the parking to allow more attractions and lands and not need a hotel, the hotel is so USH just gets more money. I'm not against them making more money but losing HHN space and other theme park space when we are limited on land is a hard sell for me. If this hotel was kinda off site in an area that could never be theme park land then I would not care either way, I'd be happy for the guests who want that
5B6E26E1-FFE3-4E4E-A859-B7E95FF95A49.jpeg

Like I'll leave the thread. People know my thoughts but its always funny to me you guys quote me just to be jerks? Like what do you want I said my two cents and have reasons. Sorry for sharing my thoughts on a message board
You’re welcome on this board. Sometimes, I think your expectations don’t align with what’s going on and you deeply question what’s happening to a strange point. If you want USH to become a resort a hotel is a major start and that’s not really an objective opinion. We all want more rides like you do and potential is here, but baby steps, my friend! Don’t leave, your opinion is welcomed and we are all welcome to politely disagree :)

I’m from New Hampshire, would love to go to USH one day but am typically an Orlando vacation. A hotel at USH makes a BIG difference for me, personally.

The rumored plot is a parking lot, outside of the theme park gates. They’re not eating into the theme park…

So that’d boil it down to Globe Gardens/Bus parking next to Security, the Cinema Lot, or the space earmarked for the ET Expansion. If it’s Globe Gardens/Bus parking, I would wonder if they’re gonna go forward with the parking structure that was included in the base evolution plan. Would allow them to also redo security again.

If it was Cinema Lot, I don’t think they’d be building the HHN houses as they are now, and I could’ve sworn a portion of the earmarked ET expansion for BoH purposes. Have to think it’s the Globe, unless we somehow have it beginning work for Fum Lungs.