Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, not every park/land needs to be turned into a fantasyland. Not every land needs cartoons. I agree AVATAR isn't the perfect fit, but I think it's a nice change of pace for Disney. Everyone always complains that they only do kiddie stuff, then they announce an AVATAR area and people complain about that too. It's a no win situation for them.

As I said, I agree it's not a perfect fit, but I like the change of pace and I actually like that it isn't a Disney film.

Well, I think people want originality...I understand that Avatar Land will be original, visually pleasing and new..but I think people look to things like Mysterious Island at DisneySea and then look at WDW and scratch their heads...I've hear a lot of people say "where is that creativity here in Florida?" and I have to say, I'm with them...I think you are on to something though with it being a change of pace for them...but just because the pace is changed doesn't mean it is good..

I don't know. I think the package will be nice. What you can tell from the artwork is that the part of Pandora Disney is building looks a lot like Florida with it's plants and trees, with the odd, light up plastic variant mixed in to make it look like another world.
Reading about the rides it looks very safe and breaking the illusion. That is already clear about Sourin where you never have the feeling you enter a flying vehicle but just a theme park attraction. As everything Disney has build the past decade (and everything in AK) the queue theming will be more enjoyable and impressive then the actual ride and that is just wrong.

I'm wondering how the "Soarin'-style" ride vehicles are going to be themed. Will it in anyway resemble the dragon/banshee creatures in the movie? Or will they be theater style seating?

I'm wondering how the "Soarin'-style" ride vehicles are going to be themed. Will it in anyway resemble the dragon/banshee creatures in the movie? Or will they be theater style seating?

The best thing I could think up is that they will force a dragon between your legs in 3D. Not sure if that is possible, but it would be slick and challenge all contenders.

I think the RVs could be key to making the ride truly immersive.

If it's just like how Soarin' is, then it won't be as cool as if say the RVs were you getting on a Banshee, then that would be pretty cool... especially with the range of motion that this ride system supposedly has compared to Soarin'.

Last edited:
Teebin not sure if you have insider knowledge or not but that would really be amazing. If they could do a 3d soarin paired with augmented reality would really pique my interest quite a bit

Maybe they do like they did with Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris where you get reduced to the size of a rat and your vehicle is actually a gutted mouse and in it's carcass you drive around.

And the ride building, will that be themed like a Navi hut?

Maybe they do like they did with Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris where you get reduced to the size of a rat and your vehicle is actually a gutted mouse and in it's carcass you drive around.

And the ride building, will that be themed like a Navi hut?

probably a floating mountain

Here's a layover of the leaked blueprints on one of the new aerials. This would be the Soarin' ride, with the boat ride being in the upper left of the white concrete area, where you can see they are starting to dig into the earth:
avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-13.jpg

Last edited:
That would be absolutely fantastic, what a sweet ride system. Hopefully it isn't just a soarin clone because it has SO much potential to being one of the best rides on property

Status
Not open for further replies.