Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not floating. It looks like a one gigantic rock arch. Sure there are rocks on sticks in the distance but the main feature is an arch. Lets stop calling it a floating mountain because its not.
Goodness, maybe you need your eyes checked but the illusion to me seems very flawless...
pandora_09062016-1-jpg.159743

3huK2Zb.jpg

They are not floating. It looks like a one gigantic rock arch. Sure there are rocks on sticks in the distance but the main feature is an arch. Lets stop calling it a floating mountain because its not.

Lets stop calling the Hogwarts Castle a castle because they are just hollow walls. They obviously arn't floating mountains but I think they did the best job possible considering gravity is real. I've seen it in person and the illusion looks impressive from the outside.

Last edited:
All I know is that nothing could encourage me to spend an extra $200/day unless it was Zoe Saldana giving me a personal tour and I'm not famous either.

That said, even with the lack of updates, the land looks great. Hopefully, kids aren't xenophobic about the aliens or vice-versa. I still can't get over the amount spent versus the amount produced. With the budget of close to $1.0B (if that is remotely accurate), AK should have received three to four good rides. Fill that five acres with ride buildings and theme the fronts only.

Note to self: Don't reply to conversations until you have caught up to where the thread is conversationally.

Reactions: twebber55
All I know is that nothing could encourage me to spend an extra $200/day unless it was Zoe Saldana giving me a personal tour and I'm not famous either.
No one is saying you'd spend an extra $200 per day. I am saying many will spend an extra $200 total on their WDW vacation as a consequence of Avatar.

That said, even with the lack of updates, the land looks great. Hopefully, kids aren't xenophobic about the aliens or vice-versa. I still can't get over the amount spent versus the amount produced. With the budget of close to $1.0B (if that is remotely accurate), AK should have received three to four good rides. Fill that five acres with ride buildings and theme the fronts only.

Note to self: Don't reply to conversations until you have caught up to where the thread is conversationally.
They built all of DAK for less than that in 1999.

Reactions: SkiBum and Mad Dog
For once the budget doesn't bother me because it feels like the first Disney World project in absolute years that hasn't been whittled down to its simplest possible form.

There's some clear bad allocation of resources and bloated budgets on show though, but is anyone truly convinced that if Disney hadn't have spent that much they would have spent it elsewhere at WDW? I'm not.

We're talking about a company that has done relatively little in over a decade for what should be their flagship resort.

Reactions: UNIrd
Plus, we ARE going to get 2 new rides for the price tag. And it could be a first in that it's the theme park attraction that's reinvigorating the brand for Avatar, and not the other way around.

Reactions: UAN17

I feel like Disney's biggest issue will be Star wars land, that park only has what? 4 rides currently? adding 4 more (Toy story, star wars) will only rise the attraction count to 8. and closing The great movie ride for Mickey doesnt seem like the smartest move, we need MORE rides, not replacements of rides. Animal kingdom will have about 9 rides after Avatar, and with the Animal exhibits and Walking trails (The park is HUGE) as well as the night time shows (projection show and Rivers of Light) should keep people Busy, Hollywood studios is so compact with so little to do i can't imagine how they will open Star wars land...

Last edited:
I feel like Disney's biggest issue will be Star wars land, that park only has what? 4 rides currently? adding 4 more (Toy story, star wars) will only rise the attraction count to 8. and closing The great movie ride closing for Mickey doesnt seem like the smartest move, we need MORE rides, not replacements of rides. Animal kingdom will have about 9 rides after Avatar, and with the Animal exhibits and Walking trails (The park is HUGE) as well as the night time shows (projection show and Rivers of Light) should keep people Busy, Hollywood studios is so compact with so little to do i can't imagine how they will open Star wars land...

I agree additional capacity is required but the park would be massively helped by refreshing the shows.

Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Indy have been at the park over 20 years. That's ridiculous. How many people are skipping these because they've seen them so many times?

Reactions: Jon84
I agree additional capacity is required but the park would be massively helped by refreshing the shows.

Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Indy have been at the park over 20 years. That's ridiculous. How many people are skipping these because they've seen them so many times?
You could even add Fantasmic! to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.