Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Catches up with everything, including more word that the boat ride is screens a go-go with the only AA in the queue*

Well, that boat ride was the only thing I had a shred of intrest in and now it's gone. (Can't say "But Shanghai Pirates.." since for me what looks the best in that attraction are the AA's. Something we keep hearing is NOT in this ride itself.) Good job Diz, this is the first theme park land I just can't get excited for.
You do realize the AA will be in the ride, not the queue, right?

Projection mapping coming to a floating mountain near you:

AnimalKingdom-pandora-projectiontest-12122016-1.jpg

AnimalKingdom-pandora-projectiontest-12122016-2.jpg

AnimalKingdom-pandora-projectiontest-12122016-3.jpg

PHOTOS + VIDEO: Projection mapping testing underway on Pandora floating mountains - Blog Mickey

I think this is a big wait and see. All these "reports" tend to be just that. Even that recent Frozen ride which was supposed to be "so cheap" actually had a fair amount of AAs and budget. I think people seem to be overly pessimistic when it comes to Disney.

I think this is a big wait and see. All these "reports" tend to be just that. Even that recent Frozen ride which was supposed to be "so cheap" actually had a fair amount of AAs and budget. I think people seem to be overly pessimistic when it comes to Disney.
I really enjoy Disney to this day, but they've brought the pessimism on themselves. They were stagnant for far too long and it's been a long while since a truly innovative ride has opened at WDW.

I get what you're saying because I think this area will be cool, but WDW has also given people no reason to be optimistic for quite some time now.

I really enjoy Disney to this day, but they've brought the pessimism on themselves. They were stagnant for far too long and it's been a long while since a truly innovative ride has opened at WDW.

I get what you're saying because I think this area will be cool, but WDW has also given people no reason to be optimistic for quite some time now.

Hit the nail on the head buddy :agree:

Reactions: twebber55 and Nick
Animal Kingdom was my favorite park at one point and it's still one I enjoy tremendously. Sad to hear it's one most people tend to skip but maybe Pandora will help turn that around. This really is the first new land and true creative output we see from Disney in the Orlando parks since...what.. DAK opened in '98?

I agree that Disney has to try a bit harder due to their lack of action for almost 2 decades, but I really think they are starting to come around

I agree that Disney has to try a bit harder due to their lack of action for almost 2 decades, but I really think they are starting to come around
They are, but I think for many people part of the issue is it took so long for them to respond to Hogsmeade in 2010. From 2017 to about 2020ish, Disney has some big stuff on the way.

For many though I think it's sort of like (to use a video game reference) if you're playing Halo as Master Chief and The Covenant is shooting at you relentlessly, you manage to survive the attack, and then you come back with a few huge blows to pass the level. Sure, you're moving the goal post a little bit from your opponent, but you didn't really prove yourself or do anything convincing to make people afraid of you. It just happens that you're still Master Chief so everyone loves you.

Reactions: Andy
Animal Kingdom was my favorite park at one point and it's still one I enjoy tremendously. Sad to hear it's one most people tend to skip but maybe Pandora will help turn that around. This really is the first new land and true creative output we see from Disney in the Orlando parks since...what.. DAK opened in '98?
A large part of animal kingdom was supposed to be taking time to view the animals. I guess people don't really care so much about that though.

how bout we let it open before writing it off
It haven't written it off yet, believe me I -want- to get excited for this. But personally for me it's hard to get excited when there's been one thing after another that diminishes expectations, not what I wanna' see from a billion dollar land that's quite a bit more expensive then lands which I am excited about.

In no way is the boat ride the mega E that Shanghai Pirates is however the tech and majesty will be impressive and the queue authentic. The Main E in my opinion will be an experience not found anywhere else.

While all this could have been done at 500mil, and the Billion price tag is bloated for sure, if one goes into it not knowing the final costs its hard to believe, from what i've seen, they will leave disappointed.

Reactions: twebber55
A large part of animal kingdom was supposed to be taking time to view the animals. I guess people don't really care so much about that though.

I could be wrong on this but maybe it's the whole zoo thing. We have an awesome zoo here in Cincinnati and another awesome one up the road in Columbus. $100 to go a zoo down there vs $15 up here is hard to swallow.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Status
Not open for further replies.