Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on this. I can see fairly long loading times which will translate into lower than anticipated capacity. 1,700 might be pretty optimistic though.
Well, i'm using unconfirmed numbers (192 riders combined between the 4 theaters) at an interval of 5 minute ride time and 2 minute load. So doing the math on that gave me roughly 1,700 per hour, however it's simply an educated guess.

Well, i'm using unconfirmed numbers (192 riders combined between the 4 theaters) at an interval of 5 minute ride time and 2 minute load. So doing the math on that gave me roughly 1,700 per hour, however it's simply an educated guess.
Yeah. I saw where you got that number from yesterday's postings. But, since it relies on a 2 minute load, I'm skeptical that it can reach that number. This is a far cry from herding 72 people on a Kong vehicle. This attraction seems a bit tricky. Who knows, though. My concerns might be completely unwarranted. But it seemed rioriz was a bit concerned about the capacity load time too, and he seems to have decent insider knowledge of it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah. I saw where you got that number from yesterday's postings. But, since it relies on a 2 minute load, I'm skeptical that it can reach that number. This is a far cry from herding 72 people on a Kong vehicle. This attraction seems a bit tricky. Who knows, though. My concerns might be completely unwarranted.
Say it takes closer to 3 minutes to load, but the film is closer to 4 as testtrack is surmising. It would still come out to the same hourly capacity because the load/film time equals 7 combined minutes in both cases.

There's a lot of factors here. The biggest one being how long the ride film is as I was just talking about, but also how fast they can load everyone onto the ride. Both will play huge factors into hourly capacity.

Last edited:
Say it takes closer to 3 minutes to load, but the film is closer to 4 at testtrack is surmising. It would still come out to the same hourly capacity because the load/film time equals 7 combined minutes in both cases.

There's a lot of factors here. The biggest one being how long the ride film is as I was just talking about, but also how fast they can load everyone onto the ride. Both will play huge factors into hourly capacity.
I'm sure in the beginning they will have a lot of CMs on hand to make this go as smoothly as possible and keep lines down while they get used to running it with big crowds.

Over time I'm sure they'll use less CMs, but the demand will go down when it's not brand new and it'll all even out.

Honestly, adding a ride (or 2) with an hour wait to the park is just what DAK needs to make it an all day park. I'm still able to do most everything in around half a day (if I skip 2 out the 4 shows.)

If they really pulled off guests riding a fleet (flock?) of somewhat realistic banshees I'm actually kind of impressed. I'm imagining something like Back to the Future's many Deloreans combined with Soarin's vertical arrangement.

Toxic air! That's a way to keep the crowds thinned out. :lol: ......New WDW hard ticket. Respirators..... The others all die.

A nice throwback to WWII.

mmgas1a.jpg

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Personally what I find more unbelievable than those plot points is that enough people thought that Avatar was a worthy enough property that this whole thing actually got built.
The IP does fit a theme park, but the drawing power isn't there. They could've very easily saved themselves the licensing costs and created an original land that is very similar in aesthetic.

Personally what I find more unbelievable than those plot points is that enough people thought that Avatar was a worthy enough property that this whole thing actually got built.

It's funny how IPs are viewed when it comes to theme parks. If attractions were only built by how popular the IP was, then we would have never got Splash Mountain or certainly not now anyway.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Nick
The capacity estimated sounds in line what Disney creates as of late with no real regard for it. It may be slightly counterproductive to their initiative of increasing guest spending while the majority who can't FastPass+ won't be doing any of that as they wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.