Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 262 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disney Quarterly today call said attendance was down.
We all called that one right.....5% attendance drop USA....Iger blamed the drop on Hurricane Matthew & New Years on a weekend . No mention of last years Iger's excuse of Disney diverting their attendance to slower times of the year causing attendance drops. ....Hmmmmm ;)...Said they maintained their revenue increase by price raises and adapting expenses (cost & staff cutting).......No mention of why Universal wasn't affected as badly by the hurricane or New Years dates. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jseal777
The Disney Quarterly today call said attendance was down.
But again they said that spending was up so I know we all say that it's a spin job for them to say decreased crowds was a plan, but if they are still making more money quarter-over-quarter (and the parks were closed for a day in October), then, while it may not have been planned, whatever they are doing DOES seem to be working, no?

But again they said that spending was up so I know we all say that it's a spin job for them to say decreased crowds was a plan, but if they are still making more money quarter-over-quarter (and the parks were closed for a day in October), then, while it may not have been planned, whatever they are doing DOES seem to be working, no?

I was merely commenting that Epcyclo said crowds seem up, and stated that last qtr Disney said attendance was down. Wasn't a comment on any thing not working or failing.

Reactions: Nick
I really believe this land will be the most visually stunning land to date. I love what I've seen so far and we've haven't seen it all. With Avatar and Star Wars land, Universal might see a decrease in attendance/Passholders until Nintendo Land is built. I'm buying my Disney annual pass soon and not renewing my Universal pass.

Reactions: adjjb and Scott W.
Can't help but wonder, on reflection, if Uni feel like it would have been better to invest in Potter stage 3 to compete with Star Wars. I know F&F was planned originally as 2017, but you feel like something major is needed for 2019.

As it stands all we know of theme park wise is F&F for 2018...and Nintendo...sometime

Can't help but wonder, on reflection, if Uni feel like it would have been better to invest in Potter stage 3 to compete with Star Wars. I know F&F was planned originally as 2017, but you feel like something major is needed for 2019.

As it stands all we know of theme park wise is F&F for 2018...and Nintendo...sometime

No more potter. They have enough Potter in the parks. Maybe Universal will announce details on Nintendo Land on May 27th (Pandora Opening day).

I really believe this land will be the most visually stunning land to date. I love what I've seen so far and we've haven't seen it all. With Avatar and Star Wars land, Universal might see a decrease in attendance/Passholders until Nintendo Land is built. I'm buying my Disney annual pass soon and not renewing my Universal pass.

I agree. I think the only possible downside is that there is going to be such an impressive shift between day time and night time that people might not see it in all it's glory with Animal Kingdom being a half day park, even when this opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.