Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting:

James Cameron has 3 attractions in Orlando - Both Avatar Rides and Terminator at USF
Spielberg has 3 attractions in Orlando - Jurassic Park, ET, and Indiana Jones.

So it's not Universal v Disney, it's Spielberg v Cameron ;)

Reactions: Alicia
This is interesting:

James Cameron has 3 attractions in Orlando - Both Avatar Rides and Terminator at USF

What about Executive Produced movies? Men in Black and Fievel Goes West were Spielberg too if you count that.

(I miss JAWS.)

That "trend" is the result of a research study that Eisner had done. It's published in some book but I'll have to look it up another time. The study said that investment in attractions doesn't increase income. It's very flawed and very silly but was touted at the undisputed truth for a while.
When you're at Disney scale, there may be some truth in that. There's only so many people who are going to go to Disney World. Plus, there's very, very few Potter-like IPs that people will vacation for exclusively.

So, some of Disney's issues come down to marketing, sales, and new revenue streams. Of course, they've now taken that to a whole other extreme.

I think the combination of Pandora, Rivers of Light, continued focus on nighttime experiences at the park, and Tiffins will have people spending more time in DAK. So here's hoping those table and counter service meals do enough for the bottom line. I don't want a [HASHTAG]#ThanksPandora[/HASHTAG].

Reactions: Andysol and Nick
That "trend" is the result of a research study that Eisner had done. It's published in some book but I'll have to look it up another time. The study said that investment in attractions doesn't increase income. It's very flawed and very silly but was touted at the undisputed truth for a while.

An' I do believe that trend is something that's hurt AK for quite a bit, since something I've heard many, many times and agreed with is the park needs more attractions. However they thought the addition of Everest would be a big, saving grace and when it didn't get the RoI they wanted, they proceeded to skip over potential attraction after potential attraction.

Which brings us to now, a land with a mighty big pricetag and a nighttime show with a pricetag that shouldn't be a big as it is now. I unfortunately feel they're just not going to get the RoI they want, continuing a cycle that should've ended a long time ago.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is interesting:

And Men in Black and Transformers....seem to be underestimating Spielberg's reach.

An' I do believe that trend is something that's hurt AK for quite a bit, since something I've heard many, many times and agreed with is the park needs more attractions. However they thought the addition of Everest would be a big, saving grace and when it didn't get the RoI they wanted, they proceeded to skip over potential attraction after potential attraction.

Which brings us to now, a land with a mighty big pricetag and a nighttime show with a pricetag that shouldn't be a big as it is now. I unfortunately feel they're just not going to get the RoI they want, continuing a cycle that should've ended a long time ago.

Especially with the cost that they're putting into these lands. $1.0B is a ton of tickets and food/merchandise sales.

mysterious island?

What's your point, that features two IPs?

This is interesting:

Let's be honest, that's the real theme park war going on

When I was going to DAK for RoL last night, something that stuck out to me big time was the gigantic Flight of Passage show building.

It's really a shame that it's so noticeable from the parking lot like that because the land is so well hidden from within the confines of the actual park.

Status
Not open for further replies.