Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This WILL NOT get the Carsland treatment. Iger/Rasulo have been quoted as saying this will be in the 400-500 million range. RSRs alone was 400+ million dollars. Avatar won't be as spectacular as that.

At this point, I just want something to come to this half-day park, and Avatar has the potential to be both beautiful and immersive. If done right, it could be spectacular and help set the path to improve the rest of the park, as well. I'll support anything they can set AK back on its original track.

At this point, I just want something to come to this half-day park.

As someone recently pointed out, there are no half day parks at either Disney, Seaworld or Universal. If you are running around and jumping on your few favorite rides, have lunch and then leaving, sure. Even if you skip every small child ride (38" or less) it is impossible.

As someone recently pointed out, there are no half day parks at either Disney, Seaworld or Universal. If you are running around and jumping on your few favorite rides, have lunch and then leaving, sure. Even if you skip every small child ride (38" or less) it is impossible.
I agree, as Jake had said, there are no half day parks unless it is a seriously slow day.

I agree, as Jake had said, there are no half day parks unless it is a seriously slow day.

And even then from the attraction durrations and shows/all the entertainment that can be soaked up it can easily take a day or more. The issue is appeal factor of what a typical family is actually going to try and do.

I hate the half day argument. I love rides but the argument that if a park does not have a lot of rides it is a half day park is really silly. I always felt that way especially with Animal Kingdom. It took me a few visits to discover just about everything that park had to offer.

And even then from the attraction durrations and shows/all the entertainment that can be soaked up it can easily take a day or more. The issue is appeal factor of what a typical family is actually going to try and do.

I hate the half day argument. I love rides but the argument that if a park does not have a lot of rides it is a half day park is really silly. I always felt that way especially with Animal Kingdom. It took me a few visits to discover just about everything that park had to offer.

It might be a tired argument now but Disney really does open half-day parks. Upon opening, DHS and DCA were half day parks. HKDL was probably a quarter day park. :lol: That's fixed later on but in the beginning, you'd be hard pressed to spend more time.

Yeah, I guess DAK is a more complete park than I give it credit for, but knowing the original intentions for it (boat ride, Dinoland, Beastly Kingdom, etc.) it seems a little underwhelming in comparison. :shrug:

It might be a tired argument now but Disney really does open half-day parks. Upon opening, DHS and DCA were half day parks. HKDL was probably a quarter day park. :lol: That's fixed later on but in the beginning, you'd be hard pressed to spend more time.

It is splitting hairs but I am not saying there is no such thing as a half baked park with not enough to do. But to me that is different than a half day park. DHS and DCA have definitely been that and if they are now the reason being because everything is not going to interest every family. There is not enough large scale things in either of those parks that are the quality they should be. No argument that those parks need a lot of work done, but there is in fact plenty to do to fill a day for a family with a variety interest.

Yeah, I guess DAK is a more complete park than I give it credit for, but knowing the original intentions for it (boat ride, Dinoland, Beastly Kingdom, etc.) it seems a little underwhelming in comparison. :shrug:

DAK has the size and layout of a complete park without the attractions. I guess that's better than DHS' problems. Neither are up to snuff on the attraction roster.

This complete park stuff is strictly by opinion. What matters is that if this comes through Avatar can take the burden off of EE so we can fix the Yeti! Thats all this project is, a 400 million dollar crowd eater :lol:

If it was open any longer, the only rides that'd be kept open would be Everest, Dinosaur, and Dino-Rama... Not really much to constitute keeping the park open as late as the others.

It's Tough to Be A Bug, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Festival of the Lion King to add to that list. Still not a whole lot. A few more attractions (possibly from Avatar) could help keep DAK open later.

It's Tough to Be A Bug, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Festival of the Lion King to add to that list. Still not a whole lot. A few more attractions (possibly from Avatar) could help keep DAK open later.

Yeah no...those shows really aren't anything to write home about honestly..Zoo parks like Busch and Sea World can warrant the late closing times (during summer anyway) because they have more attractions to do when the animals get sleepy and aren't really around...the fact is the park needs more no matter how you look at it..

Yeah no...those shows really aren't anything to write home about honestly..Zoo parks like Busch and Sea World can warrant the late closing times (during summer anyway) because they have more attractions to do when the animals get sleepy and aren't really around...the fact is the park needs more no matter how you look at it..

Is that why F.O.L.K. is the #1 show on property? Opinions opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.