Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Order of important projects for Animal Kingdom:
1. New expansion netting 1 - 2 additional, significant rides.
2. Repair of the Yeti.
3. Fixing Flight of Passage's overheating issues.

Ideally, we'd see all of this happen within the next five years. I suspect we'll see none of it!

Yeti will always be broken. Not even a big deal. people don't even notice

Reactions: frank_1991_
Both attractions being in what is essentially the same building, probably doesn't help the over heating issues.

I'm sure its highly unlikely, but back when Disney was considering cloning FOP I'm sure they would have rectified the design flaws. Now, who knows when they will get around to it.

Order of important projects for Animal Kingdom:
1. New expansion netting 1 - 2 additional, significant rides.
2. Repair of the Yeti.
3. Fixing Flight of Passage's overheating issues.

Ideally, we'd see all of this happen within the next five years. I suspect we'll see none of it!

I mean I think we get a new Rivers of Light show in two years probably.

On another topic, since we’ve heard rumors of SWGE and Marvel lands planned for Disney Shanghai’s eventual second gate I’m surprised Pandora hasn’t been rumored

On another topic, since we’ve heard rumors of SWGE and Marvel lands planned for Disney Shanghai’s eventual second gate I’m surprised Pandora hasn’t been rumored

Before pandora opened they attempted to sell the OLC but they declined. It was rumored for Shanghai but I believe that was dropped as well. Pandora is pretty but I don't think it warrants being cloned. If anything they are waiting to see how future films perform.

Reactions: tankart150
Before pandora opened they attempted to sell the OLC but they declined. It was rumored for Shanghai but I believe that was dropped as well. Pandora is pretty but I don't think it warrants being cloned. If anything they are waiting to see how future films perform.
I mean, since Star Wars is seemingly gonna get a land on pure quality (movies aren’t that big over there), you’d think Pandora could do the same being the highest approved land in dw surveys if I remember correctly

Reactions: tankart150
I wouldn't bet against James Cameron making tons of money. Surprised the shanghai 2nd gate isn't getting built already.
Every film that Cameron makes is supposed to flop, dontcha know. Like how "Titanic" was so far over budget it would never recoup. Or how "Avatar" using 3D would just make the film worse. Or how "True Lies" would be the most expensive flop in history. :D

Rode twice in November on different days. Only two theaters were operating both times. Lines are almost always long, so I doubt they've been able to maintain max capacity on a constant basis.
Curious how you know how many theaters are in operation at any given time? Nobody should be close enough to the theater doors long enough to see how many are opening/not opening.

Funny thing is, when this was just opening, we kept getting a new poster on IU that said he was one of the workers on the FOP attraction and he continually said the overheating rumor was BS. He also gave away details that weren't generally known at the time. He was really adamant about that overheating being fake news for a few months, and then he disappeared from posting. I suspect, though it's just a guess, that he was one of those rumored Disney employed social media quislings....Yes, it's pretty evident there's a continuing issue with FOP....On another AK/Pandora issue, TP's Crowd Calendar analystt, Fred Hazelton, today on the Touring Plans Blog, says it's starting to look like DHS is pulling attendance away from AK, and AK is returning to 'before Pandora' levels. Interesting.
Still here. Not a he. Still fake news.

Curious how you know how many theaters are in operation at any given time? Nobody should be close enough to the theater doors long enough to see how many are opening/not opening.

Still here. Not a he. Still fake news.
So then, why the heck isn't it reaching capacity for the most part....and why are they usually only opening part of one side for the lines and having the other side closed so often.....Seems most of the Disney oriented sites still talk about the overheating issues.....all except you. But I guess there's always an outlier view from wherever. :lol: and, to add....you aren't the poster I was referring to in my earlier comment. That poster had posted dozens of comments about Pandora at the time of it's opening and said he worked on the project. You only posted a few comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: frank_1991_
So then, why the heck isn't it reaching capacity for the most part....and why are they usually only opening part of one side for the lines and having the other side closed so often.....Seems most of the Disney oriented sites still talk about the overheating issues.....all except you. But I guess there's always an outlier view from wherever. :lol:

Agreed. Plus, why are so many people who should know all saying the same thing? It's not as if multiple reasons are being provided. It's just one reason - Overheating. They could all be wrong (I have no way to know) but it seems unlikely since they have been spot on with most of the things that they report.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Are you talking about the lanes from the FP merge point to the preshow grouping areas??:what: Those middle lanes are never even meant to be used. The lanes labeled “Link Chambers” (left side), “3”, and “4”, are the only lanes ever used for general boarding. Three levels to a room = three lanes. Lanes “1”, “2”, and “5” are used by CMs to shop the lines for particular party sizes and pull them out to fill rooms. They are also used for various other situations that arise from time to time to stage large groups before they’re sent into the preshows. They are also there to allow CMs to get to and from positions. “5” is also sometimes used as an exit for guests who bail at that point. The “Link Chambers” lane on the right side is for guests with wheelchairs. The number of lanes in use has nothing to do with the number of rooms in operation.

Agreed. Plus, why are so many people who should know all saying the same thing? It's not as if multiple reasons are being provided. It's just one reason - Overheating. They could all be wrong (I have no way to know) but it seems unlikely since they have been spot on with most of the things that they report.
Because they’re all parroting each other?

I have no idea why the alarms go off so often, but it’s not always the same reason, and “overheating” has nothing to do with it.