Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Peacemaker (HBO Max)

Takes place after a movie in the DCU, has characters from said movie, then has cameo's from characters outside the movie PK came from, and every episode name drops someone from the DCU.

Surreeeeeee not at all apart of the DCU at all and sure season 2 wont be as well.
I never once said it wasn’t connected, I said loosely connected. I know it takes place after TSS (Which I also loved) and has characters from that as well, but it doesn’t change my position. Even the JL showing up was just an excuse to pay off the running gag that Aquaman F’s fish.

The only thing in this show that will have any impact on the larger universe is that Task Force X was exposed. Now you can tell me how wrong I am all you want but I don’t care. This is my opinion on it.

How about you don't call my new favorite hero, Peacemaker (PM), "Peacekeeper (PK)"?

He doesn't kill to keep peace, he kills to make it.

Or something.

:lmao::cheers:

What's the actual point of continuing the story if you're not maintaining what the character has learned, experienced and how he's grown and developed?

I'm sure it'll still be a fun watch but man that's disappointing from a substance viewpoint.

James Gunn needs to log off. You remove all sense of mystery by cow tailing to every needless question posed by incessantly hungry yet dissatisfied fans.

I mean it's pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with the universe that the first season of Peacemaker was set in, lol.

Don't clarify anything! You don't owe anyone anything! Don't even mention "canon" at this point, people are sick of that stuff.

It was never explained on whether or not the seasons would be standalone when it first came out though, so if people are confused, he kinda has to as he's the creator behind the show, lol.

I mean it's pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with the universe that the first season of Peacemaker was set in, lol.
The main thing is that final scene with a bunch of characters from the DCEU. I think that’s what he means when he says most is canon but some things go outside the lines.