Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Penn and Teller at HHN 22!?

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
The article from Inside the Magic is too long to post here, but apparently Penn and Teller are in talks with Universal Orlando to do something for the resort, and they are listed as a possible magic act addition for the event on a recent survey.

I sure hope this is true. The two of them would be a SPECTACULAR addition to HHN.

Thoughts?

That would be huge. Penn and Teller are exactly the right guys to do it. Not only are they are a big name, but I think they'd really have the right style for a show. Unless their previous magic acts.

Yea, their personality/humor/act fits in insanely well with the overall feel of the event.

If they are indeed performing, I can see them taking over Fear Factor live. I can see them being a bigger draw than B&T.

Yea, their personality/humor/act fits in insanely well with the overall feel of the event.

If they are indeed performing, I can see them taking over Fear Factor live. I can see them being a bigger draw than B&T.

They would absolutely need FFL for room. I could see them doing a smaller B&T somewhere else though.

If this is indeed what's in the cards, I think we're going to see the 2 parks involved. B&T will still be a draw, and the only other viable theater is Toon Lagoon.

Agreed. There is no way it will be in 1 park if they are going to perform during the event. Next question is.... Will there be a charge?

Agreed. There is no way it will be in 1 park if they are going to perform during the event. Next question is.... Will there be a charge?

I don't think people will be happy about paying for a ticket at a paid event. But that being said, they could get away with it if they wanted to.

If this is indeed what's in the cards, I think we're going to see the 2 parks involved. B&T will still be a draw, and the only other viable theater is Toon Lagoon.

That would be nice! I never cared much for Brian Brushwood, personally. Nothing against him, I just never felt a draw to go see his shows at HHN. But Penn & Teller I'd definitely make a point to see. I've seen them on TV and online, and I really like their thing!

I'm a huge fan of Penn and Teller and I've been dying to see their show the last 2 times I went to Vegas, but was overuled by the wife :lol:

Also their BS show on Showtime is one of the funnier shows in all of TV too.

I'd definitely take time out of doing the houses to see them perform. It would be an excellent move, in my opinion.

They performed at Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood back in 1992 free of charge. :shrug:

Penn and Teller would be PERFECT for HHN!

I cannot imagine UO doing an up-charge, but I could imagine them raising overall ticket prices to justify.

I would love to see HHN take up both parks, that being said though if they were to just keep it to 1 park, I could imagine them putting B&T at Animal Actors and then bringing back Rocky Horror at Beetle Juice.

Or move B&T to Beetle Juice and put P&T at FFL

Personally I would like to see more power acts like P&T come to Orlando. We need to show Vegas that Orlando truly is the entertainment capital of the world!

I loooove Penn & Teller. I've always wanted to see them live. Their show on Showtime, BS, is awesome and they're really great guys.

But how come no one is talking about this part of the article?

But it seems that aside from having fun in the parks and enjoying a good steak (Penn ended up dining at International Drive’s Texas de Brazil restaurant), they’re also discussing either performing at Universal Orlando, developing a new show, or possibly even joining in the design of a haunted house, much like Alice Cooper did at Universal Studios Hollywood in 2011, Rob Zombie before that.

Possibly the dark humor house of 2012? I can just imagine P&T hosting the queue video. AHHHH! I love it.

so a lot of people that I know and go to HHN with have been feeling that HHN has become stale, and that it is becoming the "same ol' same ol" regardless of the different houses each year. So I think if they could get a big name act like P&T this would really shake things up. But how else could Universal really shake things up with HHN?

so a lot of people that I know and go to HHN with have been feeling that HHN has become stale, and that it is becoming the "same ol' same ol" regardless of the different houses each year. So I think if they could get a big name act like P&T this would really shake things up. But how else could Universal really shake things up with HHN?

A haunted house is always going to be just another haunted house. Where they can push the envelope is with Scarezones like the projectors used in New York and with new entertainment like Penn and Teller.