Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WWoHP

VsvjY.jpg

^ I assume that is the Tut exhibit at BGT? Does anyone know how old that attraction is? I watched a video walk-through the other day and the theme-ing execution screamed 80's to me.

All of Egypt opened in 1996. The only things that have changed to Egypt since its opening is the removal of crocodiles from Montu, closure of on ride photos at Montu, additional games of skill, the closure of Questor, and the closure of its replacement Akbars Adventure Tours. On a side note I thought Questor was without a doubt one of the better simulators in all the big parks.

And here is mine for today, I may of used this one already but I like it so here it is anyway.

2uzyt5e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Octobers Fade
^ I agree Questar was my first sim and still is my favorite. It had a good story and motion that followed the story, not jerking you around just because. I miss the Crocs at Montu, reminded me of Temple of Doom or Romancing the Stone.
Hogwarts is a awesome site, great pic.

^ That Hogwarts lighting rig is not telescoping is it? I wish it were. Those are the kinds of things Disney often concerns itself with... The MK castle hidden lighting is over the top, especially the follow spot platforms that rise out of the two smaller buildings on the left and right.

I never post pictures and should be ashamed as I have a kazillion of them. Here goes.

PICT0220.jpg

Last edited:
What was the secret path?

Off from the walkway between Asia and Africa. From Asia, it went into the forest on a non-paved path to the right and up and across two brooks with stepping stones. It went about 200 feet deep off from the main walkway. I "believe" that when the AK parade was introduced , this path was abandoned and a slightly closer paved path was built with bridges etc. to bypass the parade as it passed.

An area of Jurassic Park not seen by guests since 2007:

PICT0237.jpg

Last edited: