Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright, since this thread is actually active, does anyone know when Mako is reopening? It doesn't say on their site.

Yeah, sadly SeaWorld sand fills their track
It makes it much more pleasant for the guests and the animals to not have that loud roar constantly.
I take it no one knows the answer? Normally SW/BG publishes the dates of their refurbs.
I haven't seen or heard a re-opening date, but I'm guessing they're trying to target the 11th for the passholder night if possible. I'm not sure if this was a scheduled closure or something that came up and has required the closure. With people from B&M on site working on Pipeline perhaps they found an issue?

It makes it much more pleasant for the guests and the animals to not have that loud roar constantly.

I haven't seen or heard a re-opening date, but I'm guessing they're trying to target the 11th for the passholder night if possible. I'm not sure if this was a scheduled closure or something that came up and has required the closure. With people from B&M on site working on Pipeline perhaps they found an issue?

Sadly I don't it listed for that night.

B&Ms are famous for their reliability, so that would suck if there was indeed an issue. I was just curious if anyone here knew something.

EDIT:
Sounds like it's just being repainted. I was assuming that it was just getting some TLC, which I'm perfectly happy to see. Side note, Universal is going to NEED to give VC some downtime at some point in the next few years. They've taken Forbidden Journey down for a refurb before, they can do the same with VC. It's a helluva lot better than having to close it for a year and retrack it, no?

Reactions: Thatguyoverwhere
I haven't seen or heard a re-opening date, but I'm guessing they're trying to target the 11th for the passholder night if possible.
Passholder night got rescheduled to June 1st, so maybe it’s taking longer than expected and they want to make sure all the coasters are open?

Last edited:
here's the first review I've seen of the coaster.
So did Pipeline feel any more comfortable that an old-school B&M stand-up, such as Six Flags Magic Mountain's Riddler's Revenge? (Which I love, by the way.)

Eh. The vest restraint felt like it was cutting into my clavicles once the ride op locked me in, which is not something I have felt with vest restraints before. Fortunately, the discomfort went away as soon as the coaster launched and momentum pushed me forward into the vest a bit. But the discomfort came back as soon as the ride hit the brake block returning to the station.

As for the bottom half of the restraint system, the springing of the seats means that whatever adjustment you gentlemen might have done on the loading platform will become useless as your seat moves up and down during the ride. The high G load approaching the ride's one inversion caught me, forcing some scooching that continued throughout the ride.

After posting that I've seen more positive ones, but it seems like it's STILL just a stand-up coaster. Lots of "it's fuuuuun" and "it's unique!". Not a lot of "Finally, a good stand-up coaster!" or "I want to ride it again".

Yeah I was surprised you were labelling it as a disaster because I had seen more positivity than negativity over it. I don’t think it’s going to be a smash hit winning awards but I think the GP will enjoy it.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
if the goal (for B&M particularly) was to reinvigorate the stand-up coaster by solving its previous ills... it appears it's a bit of a disaster. if the goal (for seaworld) was simply to add another fun-if-unspectacular coaster to their park, the bar is much lower.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The goal was B&M showcases something new and SeaWorld has another unique attraction in the crowded Orlando market that makes it distinctive from other parks and continues its transformation from “animal park” to thrill/theme park. Not a “disaster” by any stretch except if you expected something other than what it obviously is.

I’m seeing the same kinds of things about Darkoaster at BGW and I just keep thinking fans/enthusiasts set expectations too high for what these rides were obviously going to be.