Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

So did we just never get the finished neon, Luxo Jr animatronic, or Bing Bong sculpt? Did they think we'd just forget?
Honestly, I'm giving Bing Bong the benefit of the doubt; considering the Fliks Flyers reskin coming in the spring, but I am still shocked to see Luxo and the Neon not there.
Disney recently filed a permit to install the Luxo Lamp. It's scheduled to be installed on October 3rd.

Whoever was responsible for the project management of Pixar Pier seriously needs to get fired. With all the power and money Disney have, taking 6 months to open a simple carousel is a joke.

It has nothing to do with project management and everything to do with budget. Pixar Pier only had a limited budget per fiscal year. So they were able to do more by dragging the project into two different fiscal years.

It has nothing to do with project management and everything to do with budget. Pixar Pier only had a limited budget per fiscal year. So they were able to do more by dragging the project into two different fiscal years.

Just my opinion here but...

Thats the kind of thing parks which make no money have to do in order to make an investment. It is not acceptable for a company like Disney. If the only way they can do a fairly basic retheme is to stretch the cost over 2 seasons then someone needs to go in and get their budgets under control.

Just my opinion here but...

Thats the kind of thing parks which make no money have to do in order to make an investment. It is not acceptable for a company like Disney. If the only way they can do a fairly basic retheme is to stretch the cost over 2 seasons then someone needs to go in and get their budgets under control.

Disney shareholders are probably more aggressive than the smaller parks.

All these flat rides are something that DHS desperately needs.

What they did to it is an abomination. While King Triton's wasn't quite elegant, it was nice. Jessie's is a plastic crapfest.

Before:
6874143651_e2d6957da0_b.jpg

After:
0E216FBC-6E9C-4B07-939E-292E10E6E1FB-700x488.jpeg