Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pokémon Company and Universal Announce Partnership

Feb 27, 2019
Sooo USJ have officially announced a partnership with the Pokémon company, we’ll get more news soon!
USJ Pokémon Announcement

Last edited by a moderator:
Translated from : ニュース:合同会社ユー・エス・ジェイ

"In addition to announcing the medium- to long-term strategic alliance with Pokemon Co., Ltd., we are very honored to be able to create innovative Pokemon entertainment at Universal Studios Japan for Pokemon fans and our guests.
 By fusing Pokemon, which is loved all over the world, with the entertainment technology of Universal Studios Japan, we will create a world that no one has seen yet with overwhelming scale and quality. And as the only place where people's hearts are connected and the instinct that lies deep inside is released, we hope to boost the tourism market and be the place of choice for people all over the world."

Looks like after whatever they have opening at the end of 2022, they're going to make a land? I guess spiderman is going away for sure?

Welp, didn't see that coming so soon. Does this confirm the Spider-Man rumor? 2022 seems really soon, if they're really doing a full attraction next year my guess is it would be more of an overlay.

Welp, didn't see that coming so soon. Does this confirm the Spider-Man rumor? 2022 seems really soon, if they're really doing a full attraction next year my guess is it would be more of an overlay.

I think it's either a show or the overlay they do to that one indoor coaster they have.

It won’t be a full attraction next year. The partnership just “starts” next year

Pokémon Go festival coming to all parks, starting August 2022. Count it.
I agree with this. Also maybe test the waters with some kinda celebration like the old Harry Potter celebration to see if there’s big enough interest to scrap kid zone

I agree with this. Also maybe test the waters with some kinda celebration like the old Harry Potter celebration to see if there’s big enough interest to scrap kid zone

There is interest in a Pokemon area/attraction. The USJ-only partnership is a test run for Universal by Pokemon to see if their relationship works out.

Yeah that’s why I think this is USJ only: they did it with their entertainment department that does the summer anime stuff and not UP&R as a whole.
I'd hope to see this expand here in the US. Perhaps a Pokemon store at least?

I'd hope to see this expand here in the US. Perhaps a Pokemon store at least?
The idea that a collaboration with Pokemon would stop here is dubious at best. I feel like this is just Universal being a bit more careful on their information release, rather we end up with 1/2 a decade plus and counting of "Nintendo is coming to Universal parks" with nothing in the US yet

You don't think a Universal executive has walked by the legacy store imagining the cash coming out of that place if it sold pokemon stuff? The moment they get approval, they'll construct that thing in 2 hours lmao.

The idea that a collaboration with Pokemon would stop here is dubious at best. I feel like this is just Universal being a bit more careful on their information release, rather we end up with 1/2 a decade plus and counting of "Nintendo is coming to Universal parks" with nothing in the US yet
Certainly! Announcing something and then 5 years for anything to come out of it is poor form.