Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pre-shows gone?

Jun 27, 2020
I had heard that they weren’t showing preshows for rides any long to help flow through... I haven’t been this year yet, is there any truth to this?

I had heard that they weren’t showing preshows for rides any long to help flow through... I haven’t been this year yet, is there any truth to this?

Depends. Some that include safety information, like SImpsons and Fallon, still happen. But most rides have them temporarily removed like ET, Gringotts, and Men in Black.

The general rule is that any attraction with a preshow that is used to hold you just before you get onto a ride vehicle (like Minions, Fallon, and Simpsons as @Joe said) still uses its preshow. Any attraction that would still have a queue after preshow, like Gringotts, scrapped it. The only exception at Universal was Fast and Furious, but that closed. At Disney, the only exception, last I checked, was Rise, and that, unfortunately, may be in jeopardy.