Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Slightly tangential, but -- hypothetically -- let's say this VillainCon concept actually paves the way for Minion Mayhem to go away (aging ride system, ride experience has been heavily compromised by the removal of 3D)... could a multi-level dark ride on the scale of SLOP fit in that plot?

They could build a very small fantasyland-style dark ride.

Slightly tangential, but -- hypothetically -- let's say this VillainCon concept actually paves the way for Minion Mayhem to go away (aging ride system, ride experience has been heavily compromised by the removal of 3D)... could a multi-level dark ride on the scale of SLOP fit in that plot?

Or hypothetically, its moving to this plot of land next to Nintendo. Based on permits and construction, we will know if SLOP is going here before they would ever close Minion Mayhem.

Or hypothetically, its moving to this plot of land next to Nintendo. Based on permits and construction, we will know if SLOP is going here before they would ever close Minion Mayhem.

I didn't necessarily mean SLOP specifically.

Whether it ends up in Epic Universe or not, USF would still dramatically benefit from an attraction on that level (i.e. a non-thrill, all-ages dark ride filled with practical/physical stuff) being added.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I didn't necessarily mean SLOP specifically.

Whether it ends up in Epic Universe or not, USF would still dramatically benefit from an attraction on that level (i.e. a non-thrill, all-ages dark ride filled with practical/physical stuff) being added.
Definitely.

Reactions: belloq87
There’s zero evidence of Pets moving. Can we keep the discussion on the replacement and not EU?

@Joe, I get needing to keep threads organized or on topic. But as of now, this is a speculation thread. We have great reporting on what's coming, but nothing is technically confirmed. So if someone wants to theorize that Pets is on the table or should be, I should be able to point out that it might not be because of conflicting rumors.

How can it move if it was never greenlit in the first place

Or was never for this area.

@Joe, I get needing to keep threads organized or on topic. But as of now, this is a speculation thread. We have great reporting on what's coming, but nothing is technically confirmed. So if someone wants to theorize that Pets is on the table or should be, I should be able to point out that it might not be because of conflicting rumors.

I mean Universal has been pretty clear what's happening through teases. Pets might be a better discussion for the Future of USF or Future of KidZone threads, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two questions...

1. Could they have not have brought over the Pets ride but just change the lapbar so that it's able to fit more people?

2. Will Villain-con be set in 1968 like the movie, or present day?

Two questions...

1. Could they have not have brought over the Pets ride but just change the lapbar so that it's able to fit more people?

2. Will Villain-con be set in 1968 like the movie, or present day?
I have a feeling Villain-Con will be set within the time period of the second Minions film, so yea, 1968. Completely different vibe than the Despicable Me ride across the way.

Reactions: therock
Wait....

USJ is doing the first ever free walk VR walkthrough attraction this spring/summer in Universal park. That lead me down a rabbit hole regarding this project being villain-con. We talked about the attraction should be us going booth to booth trying out different weapons so it wouldn't make sense for us to get a weapon at the start of the attraction because everyone should be different as you go booth to booth. However, if the AR googles were themed to be safety googles and they managed to do a weapon overlay on the hands, you can do a spiderman-esque attraction with less equipment. It would also make sense for the moving walkway as it may be difficult for some people to maintain balance with certain effects.

Wait....

USJ is doing the first ever free walk VR walkthrough attraction this spring/summer in Universal park. That lead me down a rabbit hole regarding this project being villain-con. We talked about the attraction should be us going booth to booth trying out different weapons so it wouldn't make sense for us to get a weapon at the start of the attraction because everyone should be different as you go booth to booth. However, if the AR googles were themed to be safety googles and they managed to do a weapon overlay on the hands, you can do a spiderman-esque attraction with less equipment. It would also make sense for the moving walkway as it may be difficult for some people to maintain balance with certain effects.
What if I told you, the actual attraction portion of the new Minions Villain-Con does not take place on the Villain-Con convention floor? But, you do pick up your blasters there before the moving walkway starts.

What if I told you, the actual attraction portion of the new Minions Villain-Con does not take place on the Villain-Con convention floor? But, you do pick up your blasters there before the moving walkway starts.
Where will it take place then if it's not villain-con?

Why? If I understand this correct we get the convention floor and on top of that a stand up shooter on the first floor.

Because that might just make it an MiB clone, for all intents and purposes. I would MUCH rather have Sing On Tour--not because I'm a fan of those movies (I'm not) but it'd be something different and incredibly cheap to do.

Last edited:
So..... we exit the convention to go shoot around blasters in 1960s Orlando?