Project 862 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 862

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, think of the Twister show, preshow, and queue... then strip out everything related to Twister and replace with The Tonight Show. Aside from that it is just speculation about if they'll have a hologram Jimmy Fallon on the stage or if they would have a live actor for example. Hopefully they would put in seats instead of everyone standing there :rofl:
Hopefully it will be done with paid improv comedians and not similar to how the AIE experience, where any regular joe who could sing was the show. That's the only way I see it working really. It can't be done similar to AIE with the audience being the show. It just won't work.

Hopefully it will be done with paid improv comedians and not similar to how the AIE experience, where any regular joe who could sing was the show. That's the only way I see it working really. It can't be done similar to AIE with the audience being the show. It just won't work.

Yea, if it's a talk show about being in a themepark people will be walking out in droves after the first 3 questions. Some audience participation could work, and fit the show, but that just can't be the main catalyst.

I could see it just being an Improv comedy show with a Tonight Show theme...the "story" could be that you are "helping" Fallon rehearse a new sketch, and they need help coming up with new ideas....This would encourage audience participation, just as an improv show does. They can then do a small act based on the audience suggestions.

My problem with this idea, is that they would really need to make this a "show" not a 5 min attraction in order for it to work.

I'm not sure the Twister building would be big enough to host a large audience.

I think most have the wrong idea here. Think more along the lines of a new take on a classic studio attraction that both Universal and Disney have attempted.

Last edited:
I think most have the wrong idea here. Think more along the lines of a new take on a classic studio attraction that both Universal and Disney have attempted.
Something like Superstar Television?

- - - Updated - - -

My problem with this idea, is that they would really need to make this a "show" not a 5 min attraction in order for it to work.
Comedy Wearhouse does this idea to perfection in the theme parks during the holidays and the show runs 30 minutes.

I see it being more like the recording for the Tram Tour in Hollywood (which Jimmy Fallon also hosts), where it's him pre-recorded interacting with live actors on stage. If done right it could be a fun attraction.

Interesting idea...perhaps a history of NBC type of thing with a mock Tonight Show studio that could be used when Fallon comes to Orlando??
That's what i've proposed a few times. I don't know what the show would be, but it wouldn't seem out of the question that they build a replica set that he's able to actually use if he comes down here.

However, I can't see them sacrificing quality of the attraction for him coming here once in a blue moon. They have soundstages, if he comes, they can always use those.

So after HHN will Twister even open back up or no? Just go straight into demo or will they keep it open for the Holidays and then get to work?