Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Puy du Fou España

Jul 13, 2018
I would like to quickly draw attention to a new historical theme park in Spain called Puy du Fou España, which opened in the spring of 2021. You may have seen one of its signature attractions making quite a splash on theme park Twitter this week...

That clip comes from Allende la Mar Oceana, an immersive walkthrough experience that recounts the first voyage of Christopher Columbus to the New World.

The name Puy du Fou may sound familiar. This new park acts as the Spanish edition of its sister park in France, Puy du Fou of the city of Les Epesses. Like its relative across the border, Puy du Fou emphasizes immersive shows and period-accurate recreations of renaissance villages over thrills or traditional rides.

For example, as you enter the park, you might walk through La Puebla Real towards El Ultimo Cantar, a show ensconced within a giant medieval castle, recounting the story of Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar (whoever that is).

Along the way, you may encounter characters from the town who will interact with you and sell you their wares. Walk a little further and you may find the theater hosting A Pluma y Espada...

A Pluma y Espada....
looks like one of the most bonkers things ever devised for a theme park:

A PLUMA Y ESPADA | Puy Du Fou Toledo 2021 | España

All of the shows and experiences at Puy du Fou (excluding a 90 min nighttime spectacular) are included with your 27-36 euro admission ticket.

These are a few other videos I found from Spanish Youtubers exploring the park and its many offerings:

Overview video:
Así es PUY DU FOU ESPAÑA | Visita completa al nuevo parque en Toledo

Guia de Puy du Fou:

Highlights (i.e Spoilers) from Pluma y Espada and El Ultimo Cantar:

Last edited:
EDIT: I would like to rescind my previous statement about A Pluma Y Espada. I was clearly uninformed:

Everything about Puy du Fou is awesome. I've personally seen the shows in France. Insane. The WW1 walk through trench in France was fantastic.

We are eagerly waiting to let this build up a bit more and going to Spain again to visit it.