Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Queen Mary

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Details have begun to surface of this year's Queen Mary Dark Harbor at MidSummer Scream.

The big news, is that Jon Cooke, a Knotts Scary Farm veteran; will be joining the QM team as a production designer, as he will be coming in to revamp the mazes. The event has been iconic for it's use of The Queen Mary, as the event, as the event begins on September 28th of this year.

EDIT: Deadrise, Intrepid, Circus, B340, Lullaby, Feast, and The Shipyard returns; all revamped in large ways.

Queen Mary has also been used for various other events, and also of it's iconic stature of the shipliner.

Last edited:
Excited but discouraged at the same time. I was hoping to skip this year to make room for more stuff, but now it looks like I’m going to have to go now that Cooke is the head. Dang it haha.

Excited but discouraged at the same time. I was hoping to skip this year to make room for more stuff, but now it looks like I’m going to have to go now that Cooke is the head. Dang it haha.

Considering the odds, you can probably just skip HHN this year without much fault. :toast::tease:

That's an exciting announcement but what happened to his Escape Room Haunt he was doing in the Inland Empire?

I'll go to this next year when he invents the mazes himself. No desire to see repeated mazes retooled.

Was wondering the same thing as @Freak. Me and my family will be there staying a night on the Queen Mary on October 21st before our cruise and was wondering if I should splurge and take the daughter she loves stuff like it. I was for sure going to try it but had some household emergencies come up recently that we had to cover. Now I have the ability to but the finances are a little tighter so wasn’t sure if it was worth it. We already have the Aquarium of the Pacific the day of, a 4 day cruise(all you can drink for me and the wife haha, daughter gets endless sodas), and 2 days at Disneyland(one with Mickeys Halloween Party on the 26th). So with that said wasn’t sure if I should or just save the money. Did Knotts Sacry Farms in 2016 and Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando last year(farewell dudes, love Bill and Ted) so wasn’t sure if it would stack up well?

Appreciate it Brian I think I may hold off and maybe do it next year for Jon Cooke’s second year with a full year to really round it out and make it perfect.

Well that and when you posted was canceling Queen Mary and booking a day and night with Knotts Berry/Scary Farms since the daughter said she wanted to do Knotts for the amusement park part too and we have never stayed at Knotts Berry Farms Hotel(I know it’s nothing special but she gets what she wants lol). Knotts will be great though did it in 2016 but had to leave way early cause of the wife not being able to handle it.

Last edited:
Yeah. I can believe that. There was little "maintained" this year in terms of anything I saw on my trips inside it. So it sounds like they embezzled that money.

To be brutally honest, I'm not that bummed it's gone this year. Yeah, it's a shame whenever a haunt event gets canceled, but I've grown a little stale from DH after last year. Oh well, at least they've made it to ten years.

d7Ot0cl.jpg

Might as well post this year since I'm going through and sorting photos.