Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do feel like this attraction has more upside than F&F. If the ride system wows then this will probably be a surprisingly big hit.

I think it makes sense but the more I hear about this ride the more I can't stand it. I really don't like jimmy Fallon, seriously the most vanilla talk show host since ellen degeneres and I can't stand his fakeness. He's an obnoxious corporate yes man at it's finest that people just eat up like thanksgiving dinner. All I'm expecting out of this is a musion screen pre show (never been done before) featuring the chipmunk and his merry old band. Then another 3D simulator featuring a big 4K screen with outdated ride tech. Even though twister sucks, this now makes mummy, MIB and ET the only practical attractions in the entire resort, to someone who gets motion sickness from simulators, this park is pretty much worthless. I hope I'm wrong and this ride is better than what I'm giving it credit for but this is just awful

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
I have always disliked Twister! I felt is was a cheesy replacement for Ghostbusters. I also find Fallon to be adorable and funny. I think the make or break elements of this one will be technical execution and script writing. But I give up if they use the "falling" trick that's is Spider-man, Transformers, and EFG.

Fallon was fumbling over his words but he specifically mentioned Potter, and presumably Forbidden Journey. Now we have Peterson involved seemingly, and looking at their website, this is my guess (all speculation of course):

Yeah... I told everyone here what the facade would be months ago in the 727 thread. It will look like 30 Rockefeller Center. The NBC store will kinda look like the Today Show studio across the street but will be tacked onto 30 Rock in this instance.

There will be TWO theaters everyone and not one, unless something drastic has changed in the past 6 months.

Yeah... I told everyone here what the facade would be months ago in the 727 thread. It will look like 30 Rockefeller Center. The NBC store will kinda look like the Today Show studio across the street but will be tacked onto 30 Rock in this instance.

There will be TWO theaters everyone and not one, unless something drastic has changed in the past 6 months.
So, I'm guessing about 2,000pp/hr.

Universal Studios where you "watch" the movies.

I don't really care either way, because I never went on Twister more than once. It will probably be the same for this ride.

Reactions: Cole
Yeah, if they re-use that free fall gag again, I'll be even more disappointed than I already am. This attraction already sounds like a pretty redundant experience (i.e. it doesn't sound like it's going to give us anything that we can't already find in any of the other simulators in the Studios), and that would be the dagger. I still can't really believe they've implemented that effect as much as they have so far.

so there will be different celebrities for re-ride ability?

That's good I guess. you can only hear the same jokes so many times.

Nothing has changed. You are correct(as usual), that there will be two theaters. Permits indicate this.

so there will be different celebrities for re-ride ability?

That's good I guess. you can only hear the same jokes so many times.

I'm hoping its Star Tours-esque where there will be different ride experiences, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

If there's going to be celebrities I hope we get some former SNL castmates like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, etc. Justin Timberlake would be someone i'd love to see too since they seem to have a great friendship.

I would hope that NBC/UOR puts up the bucks for a "larger" , well known celebrity. My guess, it will probably be current SNL cast members, as they work for peanuts at NBC and are starved for publicity.

I know someone brought up the issue of Jimmy Fallon becoming out dated..I think who ever they use as a "guest" probably risks an even higher chance of becoming obsolete. Can you imagine if this ride was built in the 90s and Pauly Shore was the guest?

I would hope that NBC/UOR puts up the bucks for a "larger" , well known celebrity. My guess, it will probably be current SNL cast members, as they work for peanuts at NBC and are starved for publicity.
The only current SNL cast member worth considering is Keenan Thompson (he has a history at USF from his All-That days too). But really, I think it should be former SNL celebs that have made it big.

As an aside, am I the only one that thinks the name is incredibly cheesy?

Fallon is ridiculously on-brand, unlike Colbert and O'Brien, so this is a safe, synergy friendly bet for NBC. However, it just seems so odd having a 'real person' as the theme of a ride. Imagine if Fallon was caught up in some sort of tabloid drugs and sex scandal.