Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

I've noticed they've had standby wait times posted on the app the past couple of weeks. Anyone know if they disbanded the 'Virtual Line' concept?

Hmm, I recall in the past of people saying that they would convert the Virtual Queue to Stand-By after a period of time (most likely in the latter half of operations), but that if they are pressed into a larger capacity; could change up on a quicker notice.

I am probably wrong on that, but I thought that was how they did it for a period of time. Out of curiosity, could it of been because you were there during a holiday weekend?

Hmm, I recall in the past of people saying that they would convert the Virtual Queue to Stand-By after a period of time (most likely in the latter half of operations), but that if they are pressed into a larger capacity; could change up on a quicker notice.

I am probably wrong on that, but I thought that was how they did it for a period of time. Out of curiosity, could it of been because you were there during a holiday weekend?
even yesterday, with a high crowd level in the park, stand by times posted all day............... ....It's always been virtual line when I go. And I'm only there during slow to moderate seasons.

Last edited:
So with the nature of the attraction, it might be a fair thing to note that Fallon can be potentially replaced from his spot on the Tonight Show, as per The Daily Beast hearing of NBC's concern with the ratings of the current state of the show.

Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Reportedly in Trouble as Ratings Plummet
Great! I wonder if they'd go to the trouble of remaking the ride film before they replace the ride entirely. It sounds financially "wacky noo-noo", but something tells me it's entirely possible for Universal to do.

Honestly, I'd get the impression that they'd redo the film over a period of time. In essence..it's kind-of their Star Tours in a way.

I am..very curious to see who'd come up to replace him. Hell, part of me's a bit wishing that Conan get's his chance to come back to the show in a way..

Last edited:
I think they’ll keep Jimmy around in the ride, even if he’s kicked off the Tonight Show.

Disney kept Bill Nye in UoE for years after his show stopped airing.

Theme parks have shown in the past that they’re more than fine being museums for past pop-culture. This would be no different.

I think they’ll keep Jimmy around in the ride, even if he’s kicked off the Tonight Show.

Theme parks have shown in the past that they’re more than fine being museums for past pop-culture. This would be no different.

In the current age of media and theme parks connecting more and more, I am not going to discount the potential of NBC refreshing the attraction. I'd wager that they have backup options already in place, due to the nature of Live Television.

The attraction is literally a Tonight Show ride that just happens to Star Jimmy Fallon bc he’s the host. If Jimmy goes, the ride will get a new film with the new host I’d assume.

Seth Meyers’ show seems more popular than Jimmy’s right now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a shot if a change were to happen. Seth is a much, much better interviewer.

Nope.

If he goes on the show, he goes from the ride.

SNL is worse than the Tonight Show for a ride though! Not because the ride itself would be bad, but because the cast rotates more than the Tonight Show ever has. They’d have to update it every two years to keep it relevant.

SNL is worse than the Tonight Show for a ride though! Not because the ride itself would be bad, but because the cast rotates more than the Tonight Show ever has. They’d have to update it every two years to keep it relevant.

There'd already be an answer to that: Make it a tribute to classic SNL skits, and bring back original cast members and new cast members to fill in for the roles. You don't have to keep it relevant, but you could make it something that can appeal to a wide range of audiences.

There really only is 2 options:

A. Race Through NY - no host.
B. Race Through NY with NBC Classic Stars.

I see Option A as the only viable one. Maybe get a big-ish name to do some pre-show stuf. Universal can transform the bottom museum as a tribute to all NBC classics, and play classic clips in the 2nd-floor holding area.

There really only is 2 options:

A. Race Through NY - no host.
B. Race Through NY with NBC Classic Stars.

I see Option A as the only viable one. Maybe get a big-ish name to do some pre-show stuf. Universal can transform the bottom museum as a tribute to all NBC classics, and play classic clips in the 2nd-floor holding area.
Make the whole area a tribute to Kenan Thompson lol. That man has put in his whole life doing sketch comedy whether it be SNL for 15+ years or All-That, which just so happens to have been taped at USF.