Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As long as the screen surrounds you well it should be fine. I just don't want to be moving around with a screen in front of me and then look to the side and see a stationary wall such as DMMM. In Star Tours or the one that was in Busch Gardens Tampa the whole room you are in is moving not just the platform you are on.

Not to rag, but I went all crazy off on the ride system telling folks here in May 2015 as at first I was upset about it. After a time of thought, I calmed down and believed it could be a decent attraction. And here we are. Feel free to peek back in that thread. ;)
Yeah, this discussion on the past few pages is mostly deja vu.

So, I'm a little surprised no one's pointed out it could be the new Dynamic Attractions ride type they showed off at IAAPA the other day...

If you're alluding to this being what Fallon is like, I think you may want to tailor your expectations a bit haha

Reactions: Ryan
So, I'm a little surprised no one's pointed out it could be the new Dynamic Attractions ride type they showed off at IAAPA the other day...

Still I think there's no doubt that concept is right up Uni's alley.
I'm not saying this doesn't have anything to do with Fallon, but the concept also looks like it could be used at MK for the Stitch replacement based on the set up.

I'm not saying this doesn't have anything to do with Fallon, but the concept also looks like it could be used at MK for the Stitch replacement based on the set up.

I'm glad that someone else thought of this too, that's exactly what I thought when I saw this ride system. Though, I'm curious as to how that could fit in the stitch show building because it doesn't seem that large to me?

Reactions: Nick

That looks like it would have atrocious ride capacity. It'd have to go through the entire ride before loading.

That looks like it would have atrocious ride capacity. It'd have to go through the entire ride before loading.

It's no different then any general motion simulator/theater show, after all those have to wait until the ride/show is over before unload/load.

We all realize that model is depicting the "ride" that made Mr DNA famous in the original Jurassic Park right?

It's just a room that spins. Universe of Energy does that and the vehicles move - upping the capacity.

Reactions: Joel
We all realize that model is depicting the "ride" that made Mr DNA famous in the original Jurassic Park right?

It's just a room that spins. Universe of Energy does that and the vehicles move - upping the capacity.

But it doesn't physically move laterally in any direction -- which is what the JP "ride" did. (it moved out of a theater on a track that went around the discovery center)

This is essentially a reverse Carousel theater with physical elements. The screens are used as transitions to the stage reveals. A scene plays out and the motion base rolls around in front of screens to the next stage reveal. It's basically Spider-Man without a track and a lot of more creative possibilities.

It's no different then any general motion simulator/theater show, after all those have to wait until the ride/show is over before unload/load.

Right... it's appears to be about the same amount of seats as Star Tours. Except star tours has what, 6 bays? So this would need several to be feasible at either WDW or UOR. And as a stitch replacement it's going to need several, and there simply isn't near enough room- because you'd have to make completely separate show scene rooms for each theater. There might be room for one, but two, or three, or four? Which is what it needs. No way.

So as one theater you'd get what, 600-700 pp/hr if length was similar to star tours? Atrocious.
Then again, this is Disney and that's what their last ride pushes out (Frozen).