Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

The first floor is cool. The second floor and preshow are cringeworthy. The ride itself is tolerable.

At least it fits the area it's located in, unlike Shrek or Despicable Me.

First ride on this today. WTF?! I had heard it wasn't great, but this is the worst ride Universal has ever put together. I am sure Jimmy Fallon is a nice man and he must be popular to have his own shows but he comes across as incredibly annoying on his ride!

The ride itself is boring too. I don't have much love for The Simpsons, but it's a more entertaining simulator than this gibberish.

Its called "race through NY" yet you are going like 2 miles per hour and youre just following Fallon, not racing.
And then instead of fully traveling through new york you just stupidly end up in the moon for some reason.

Yeah, this is worse than fast and furious

:exclap:

I would probably enjoy this if it was just a Tonight Show museum. Because the queue is actually fun.

Not Gonna lie, I really like this ride. The queue is very creative and unique which seems to be a general consensus. However, I do not necessarily find the ride that funny, which isn’t a problem for me. I am not the easiest person to laugh. Yet, I appreciate the fact that it feels like Jimmy had a lot of creative input and has made a ride that showcases his sense of humor. Honestly where do you find as weird as Race through New York? While weird is not everyone’s cup of tea, I think a lot of people like weird. Anyhow my favorite aspect of the ride is the quality of the animation and simulation. If you have visited the backstage of 30 Rock on a tour or been to Times Square it really captures the look and feel accurately. It feels like Jimmys love letter to New York. My absolute favorite detail of the attraction is to look towards the sides of a scene when stopped. The reactions of the crowds on the streets of New York and backstage of 30 Rock are so naturalistic. My favorite gag is really quick and hard to catch. When in the subway Jimmy’s vehicle shorts circuits when it touches the third rail. I just find that to be a funny little detail. Anyhow this is just my goofy personal opinion and an alternative way to view the attraction. Everyone here makes valid points.

:exclap:

I would probably enjoy it if it was just a Tonight Show museum.

They should have made it like the toy story ride where you play games with jimmy fallons characters or a ride/show like monsters inc,
Or like honey i shrunk the kids,
An actual theater show.

Whose idea was to make it a "racing" ride when the whole point of fallon is a sitting down stage show......... jeez

I really like this ride for ‘turn your brain off’ fun. To say that this ride is worse than Furious or a negative addition to the park is nonsense. It’s the only ride in that takes advantage of being set in New York, the queue is pretty neat, and even if you don’t like Fallon’s humor (I’m neutral) at least the air conditioning from Twister was kept.

I really like this ride for ‘turn your brain off’ fun. To say that this ride is worse than Furious or a negative addition to the park is nonsense. It’s the only ride in that takes advantage of being set in New York, the queue is pretty neat, and even if you don’t like Fallon’s humor (I’m neutral) at least the air conditioning from Twister was kept.
i guess yoy really have to be a fan of the talk show to appreciate it,
unfortunately many people are not lol

Trust me, I’m not a fan of either Fallon or the Simpsons (for the most part). But I just think both are fun attractions regardless.
Agreed. I rarely watch Fallons' show, but I still love the attraction and I laugh at the humor....One important point. Humor is 'very subjective', therefore any attraction that uses humor as it's focal point will have a segment of the GP that doesn't understand, or like, that humor, and subsequently the attraction,