Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

Well they done tore up all the greenery. They have to do something. At least along the lakefront.
Yup. I can see this being a stalled project for years. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same thing since all they did was clear land, but i'm sure something will happen here eventually.

I mean, I can see it being put on hold, but idk, this could turn into a Pop Century Legendary Yesrs/AoA situation. They cleared a ton of land and did a bunch of prep work, so they won’t leave it like this forever.

I think it's a fitting tribute to River Country that this project stalled and will now just sit there lol.

Real glad they mowed down so much of Fort Wilderness just a project that could get canceled (or look awful if it was finished).

So apparently a new permit for work has been filed for the site. Wonder if it’s intended to stabilize the area so it can be developed in the future or are they going to continue the site prep?

A look at the construction site, which, aside from a few cars sitting there, it seems to be pretty close to abandoned at this point.

Dumb question alert. Has this resort been fully shelved or is it paused?
All construction offices and equipment have been removed from the site, so I’d say shelved until they need more hotel rooms. Eventually I’d say we’ll see a hotel here, but it will probably be a completely different design and different name by the time they come back around to it.

All construction offices and equipment have been removed from the site, so I’d say shelved until they need more hotel rooms. Eventually I’d say we’ll see a hotel here, but it will probably be a completely different design and different name by the time they come back around to it.

Are they going to open up the walking trail that goes from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness again?

I was just thinking about this again and it's kind of funny how the never-built Reflections resort was supposed to be themed partially around the never-built Fort Wilderness Junction Resort. I guess it's not meant to be.

I do think eventually a DVC or something will get built here, but it's also possible that they got to working on the site and they realized that it isn't suitable to be built on right now. They probably just axed the project like with Poppins and the MS Theater, but it's possible.

I was just thinking about this again and it's kind of funny how the never-built Reflections resort was supposed to be themed partially around the never-built Fort Wilderness Junction Resort. I guess it's not meant to be.

I do think eventually a DVC or something will get built here, but it's also possible that they got to working on the site and they realized that it isn't suitable to be built on right now. They probably just axed the project like with Poppins and the MS Theater, but it's possible.
Personal opinion is that it would have been the new Saratoga Springs, which had its fortunes turned around by Downtown Disney turning into Disney Springs and a room renovation. I think with the way the rich have gotten richer over the last few years, new DVC will probably be pushing the upper bounds of price per point instead of a mid-tier pricing like the old River Country land would draw.

Not surprising-- they did all that land prep and need more DVC properties. Right now it's Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Field.

Desperately need more DVC rooms. I would hope the resort got a redesign during its delay, but it is needed
This is actually no joke. As someone who is related to an owner, i've looked into the availability recently and it's so slim pickings at WDW for DVC it's actually ridiculous. Crazy how many people Disney has gotten into the DVC system.

This is actually no joke. As someone who is related to an owner, i've looked into the availability recently and it's so slim pickings at WDW for DVC it's actually ridiculous. Crazy how many people Disney has gotten into the DVC system.
They have to add a new DVC Resort every two years, both to honor contracts from existing owners giving us new places to stay, but also it’s the only way to keep selling new contracts and get new members.

It will never stop!

They have to add a new DVC Resort every two years, both to honor contracts from existing owners giving us new places to stay, but also it’s the only way to keep selling new contracts and get new members.

It will never stop!
I'm so interested to see what happens when Old Key West's 50 year contracts run out in 2041. Not everyone is going to extend. Although I assume a majority will (some already have) and then Disney will just be able to sell 50 year contracts for the resort all over again as if it's brand new.