Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's my theory:

First the current show building is pictured in the concept art. As you can see here.

56A6E90A-9D32-4E7E-8B52-AEE6921AA48F_zpswemhzjhr.jpg

443C971A-521D-4F64-95C4-7A5D5BBEFA2F_zpslivnsboh.jpg

I think the new ride is just going in the back corner of that land. In Paris, the facade and line are an addition onto the actual show building. The entrance can easily be moved. Also, the service road behind this pavilion goes down a pretty steep hill into the tunnel underneath the water way. It would not be in the way if there needed to be a buildout on pylons but I don't think that's nessacery when you consider the following.

Here's the ride in Paris. The Red outline is the show building and ride, the rest is just facade, line and restaurant.
8F01C157-4A49-45EE-89A5-2C25126F95EC_zpsw1sbobo4.jpg

Here is how it would fit on the current plot of the land, with the new entrance facade and indoor line in purple. The rest of the line will be outside in the pavilion looking building in the concept art.

CD5BCAD3-9F76-4FB2-8418-A479329C6FA1_zpsoymowqvi.jpg

Here's my theory:

First the current show building is pictured in the concept art. As you can see here.

56A6E90A-9D32-4E7E-8B52-AEE6921AA48F_zpswemhzjhr.jpg

443C971A-521D-4F64-95C4-7A5D5BBEFA2F_zpslivnsboh.jpg

I think the new ride is just going in the back corner of that land. In Paris, the facade and line are an addition onto the actual show building. The entrance can easily be moved. Also, the service road behind this pavilion goes down a pretty steep hill into the tunnel underneath the water way. It would not be in the way if there needed to be a buildout on pylons but I don't think that's nessacery when you consider the following.

Here's the ride in Paris. The Red outline is the show building and ride, the rest is just facade, line and restaurant.
8F01C157-4A49-45EE-89A5-2C25126F95EC_zpsw1sbobo4.jpg

Here is how it would fit on the current plot of the land, with the new entrance facade and indoor line in purple. The rest of the line will be outside in the pavilion looking building in the concept art.

The ride building is not going in that location, it will simply be a tall facade. The permit doesn't even cover the area you have the building in.

Look at Alicia's drawing... it will be very similar to what she has.

Basic Idea. This is to scale but flipped. The ride building should be the same, but the front building likely will be smaller as it includes a restaurant and maybe more that won't be part of this project. That brings the ride building into the plot better.

francewrat.jpg

Reactions: rioriz
Basic Idea. This is to scale but flipped. The ride building should be the same, but the front building likely will be smaller as it includes a restaurant and maybe more that won't be part of this project. That brings the ride building into the plot better.

View attachment 4854
It will not be oriented that way. It will be rotated 90 degrees to the left - and be a third smaller without the restaurant.

Last edited:
I think the whole show building is just going to go in the corner like the concept art shows. It fit's there perfectly. There would be no reason they would cut off several service roads and about 20 exit doors with a hallway if they could just put the whole thing in it's own corner. I could be wrong but I will refer back to this post at a later date if I'm right.

I think it's going here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's going here.

Except none of that fits within the permitted area. From permits we can surmise it will be going between France and Morocco, which still places the Eiffel tower in the correct spot in the concept art...

I like this mock up from June I just found from WDWThemeParks.com:
r-1498508967-RatatouilleLayout1.jpg
The dotted lines show the area from the permit. They can only do construction within those dotted lines. And that includes new retention ponds being added where they currently keep the festival booths.

r-1498507937-RatatouillePermit1.jpg

So this seems to be the POV that the concept art was depicting for Rat. Seems as though there will be a large, themed courtyard on the backside of France leading to the ride building. Martin has backed up this concept below...

2aDiMl0.jpg

Essentially, this is a view as seen from the Skyliner:
rat2340987FI.jpg

As you can see in the first image, part of backstage is already themed (much like ToT is themed on all sides) and seems to match the theming shown in the concept art.

So this seems to be the POV that the concept art was depicting for Rat. Seems as though there will be a large, themed courtyard on the backside of France leading to the ride building. Martin has backed up this concept below...

2aDiMl0.jpg

rat2340987FI.jpg

As you can see in the first image, part of backstage is already themed (much like ToT is themed on all sides) and seems to match the theming shown in the concept art.

Very nice. I can see why the Eiffel Tower is going to be moved, since it will be obvious from the back that it sits on that building.

Reactions: Joel and Nick
2aDiMl0.jpg

rat2340987FI.jpg

Relooking at this concept art- it makes France incredible. Even without the ride itself, just the addition of the show building adds so much more height and detail to the area resulting in a more immersive environment.

I've always said every country needs a restaurant and a legitimate attraction. Some could be a very good theater, but it certainly needs more rides. Take that into account while adding 1-2 more countries, and Epcot is an immediate 2 day park. Maybe even more.

5th gate? No need. Epcot is ripe for even further expansion around the world all while incorporating thematically appropriate IPs to the world.

I hope that the Eiffel Tower's eventual new spot isn't going to compromise the view looking up the main corridor towards Impressions.

Beyond that, I think the new areas that are going to be opened up as part of Ratatouille's expansion should make France perhaps the best World Showcase pavilion. It's really going to have it all: great food, great architecture, a movie, and a ride. It's almost unfair that there are still other pavilions with only those first two bases covered.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
I hope that the Eiffel Tower's eventual new spot isn't going to compromise the view looking up the main corridor towards Impressions.

Beyond that, I think the new areas that are going to be opened up as part of Ratatouille's expansion should make France perhaps the best World Showcase pavilion. It's really going to have it all: great food, great architecture, a movie, and a ride. It's almost unfair that there are still other pavilions with only those first two bases covered.
Right? And one doesn't even have food (usa)

5th gate? No need. Epcot is ripe for even further expansion around the world all while incorporating thematically appropriate IPs to the world.

Unless Disney continues to be replace-happy. I'm surprised there aren't rumors of Gran Fiesta Tour getting the Frozen Ever After treatment for Coco. Or are there?

Unless Disney continues to be replace-happy. I'm surprised there aren't rumors of Gran Fiesta Tour getting the Frozen Ever After treatment for Coco. Or are there?
There are.

And it's likely to happen from the sounds of it.

Oh, there are lol. But it may be "The Gran Fiesta Tour ft. The Characters of Coco" and not a complete overhaul like Frozen. Others on the forum can speak on it much better than I can

Reactions: Nick
Oh, there are lol. But it may be "The Gran Fiesta Tour ft. The Characters of Coco" and not a complete overhaul like Frozen. Others on the forum can speak on it much better than I can
Yes, not nearly as extensive as FEA. It would be a simple change of video on the screens and replacing the Three Caballeros with select characters from Coco.

It could essentially happen with a closure of less than a week.