Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Not the first time i've heard this sentiment. Let's hope they work this out so that the ride runs more like MMRR in the end and less like RotR. MMRR runs with almost no downtime, although it had a lot of issues with them getting the tech right as well.

Martin over on Magic has indicated the ride could easily be open now if they wanted it to be.
Tron and GotG could've easily been open by now if they wanted them to be, too. They just don't want them to be open now because it doesn't fit their schedule.

Last edited:
Tron and GotG could've easily been open by now if they wanted them to be, too. They just don't want them to be open now because it doesn't fit their schedule.

Per the folks on Magic, the ride is literally ready. It's been put through its test-and-adjust paces, and ride ops/CMs were already fully trained on it (before being re-assigned to other functions after it was decided to not open it this spring).

I trust neither random people on Twitter nor the people at WDWMagic for accurate information. Regardless of whoever's right, there should be no reason this isn't running smoothly by October 1st.

Per the folks on Magic, the ride is literally ready. It's been put through its test-and-adjust paces, and ride ops/CMs were already fully trained on it (before being re-assigned to other functions after it was decided to not open it this spring).
And even if true, I don't blame them. Were you going to plan a trip down there for this thing just because it opened in May or whenever? Who here was planning to go before October for this ride that doesn't live in Orlando? This isn't a must see attraction that everyone needs to get out to Orlando for and if you live in Europe, there's a good chance you've already been on the damn thing!

Like I said, they got burned BADLY with Runaway Railway with opening it when they did right before the park closed. Opening this ride in the spring or summer isn't going to help them at all because most people are still waiting on coming for a vacation until they get vaccinated.

Looks like Velocicoaster didn't get the memo .
I'd argue Velocicoaster has far more unique qualities about it than Ratatouille does. It's also trying to compete with some of the best coasters in the world, so thrill seekers from all over will want to come and experience the ride. Universal also has a different audience than Disney does. Universal to my knowledge has been drawing more guests than Disney has, primarily because AP's expiring and the Park Pass system is extremely prohibitive.

Velocicoaster and even Iron Gwazi are marquee attractions that to me have a quality about them that they are just top notch in their class and it needs to be experienced now. Rat is not top notch in it's own class and isn't even an E-ticket attraction as far as i'm concerned.

I'd argue Velocicoaster is a far more unique qualities about it than Ratatouille does. It's also trying to compete with some of the best coasters in the world, so thrill seekers from all over will want to come and experience the ride. Universal also has a different audience than Disney does. Universal to my knowledge has been drawing more guests than Disney has, primarily because AP's expiring and the Park Pass system is extremely prohibitive.

Velocicoaster and even Iron Gwazi are marquee attractions that to me have a quality about them that they are just top notch in their class and it needs to be experienced now. Rat is not top notch in it's own class and isn't even an E-ticket attraction as far as i'm concerned.
I have no doubt that regardless of how we perceive Ratatouille, Disney is going to market it as an E-Ticket, just as they did in France.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter at this point. The ride is opening when it's opening. Regardless of Disney's justification for pushing the ride opening back, as a theme park fan, this once again makes Universal seem more aggressive, which hopefully continues in the years before EU.

I don't know, Oct seems about right for when travel/parks will be starting to normalize with minimal covid prevention measures; they'll need something to draw people back by then.

So instead of advertising they have Ratatouille, Tron and GotG by the time things get normal-ish...they'll be announcing they just have Rat.

I severely disagree with this schedule they've got going here. They could've opened things up and get the money from the locals, and once things go normal-ish they can easily advertise it's open RIGHT NOW along with a couple others. Delaying the opening of Rat is delaying the opening of the other rides, and while I was planning on return to WDW this year, I'm just hitting up Uni twice this year. Tron and GotG have to be open, but Disney is just taking a snails pace so there's truly no need to return for quite a while.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter at this point. The ride is opening when it's opening. Regardless of Disney's justification for pushing the ride opening back, as a theme park fan, this once again makes Universal seem more aggressive, which hopefully continues in the years before EU.
Remember when they said screw it and just opened Bourne after only a few weeks of the parks coming back? I'm sure they would've opened Pets immediately in Hollywood had those parks opened as well. They're doing like the exact opposite as Disney every step of the way apparently.

Remember when they said screw it and just opened Bourne after only a few weeks of the parks coming back? I'm sure they would've opened Pets immediately in Hollywood had those parks opened as well. They're doing like the exact opposite as Disney every step of the way apparently.
And it was a show! In a theater! With human contact! In the middle of a pandemic! Absolutey crazy

I trust neither random people on Twitter nor the people at WDWMagic for accurate information. Regardless of whoever's right, there should be no reason this isn't running smoothly by October 1st.
Martin has an excellent track record, and doesn't volunteer information he's not confident about. When he doesn't know something, he says he doesn't know.

Were you going to plan a trip down there for this thing just because it opened in May or whenever?
No, but I was definitely hoping it would have been open before the week of my next trip.

I'd argue Velocicoaster is a far more unique qualities about it than Ratatouille does. It's also trying to compete with some of the best coasters in the world, so thrill seekers from all over will want to come and experience the ride. Universal also has a different audience than Disney does. Universal to my knowledge has been drawing more guests than Disney has, primarily because AP's expiring and the Park Pass system is extremely prohibitive.

It's all entirely subjective. Someone who can't ride VelociCoaster might naturally be more inclined to enjoy Ratatouille.

Universal to my knowledge has been drawing more guests than Disney has, primarily because AP's expiring and the Park Pass system is extremely prohibitive.
This is objectively false.

The closest this statement comes to being true is when its modified as "Universal to my knowledge has been (proportional to original attendance patterns of locals) drawing more guests than Disney has (during select periods)."

Not the first time i've heard this sentiment. Let's hope they work this out so that the ride runs more like MMRR in the end and less like RotR. MMRR runs with almost no downtime, although it had a lot of issues with them getting the tech right as well.

The lack of elevators and drop towers should help Rat perform much better than RotR.

Yeah, but it's not like any non-locals were gonna plan a trip to see Bourne. This opening coupled with Food and Wine should be a big vacation booker for the fall, coupled with the possibility of mask restrictions being lifted by then along with the return of night entertainment.

So instead of advertising they have Ratatouille, Tron and GotG by the time things get normal-ish...they'll be announcing they just have Rat.

I severely disagree with this schedule they've got going here. They could've opened things up and get the money from the locals, and once things go normal-ish they can easily advertise it's open RIGHT NOW along with a couple others. Delaying the opening of Rat is delaying the opening of the other rides, and while I was planning on return to WDW this year, I'm just hitting up Uni twice this year. Tron and GotG have to be open, but Disney is just taking a snails pace so there's truly no need to return for quite a while.
I agree with it from a business perspective, but disagree with it from a fan perspective.

They'll promote Rat & Harmonious as new additions to kick off the 50th, along with MMRR and Galaxy's Edge. Then over the course of the 18 months, they'll open Tron, GotG, Play! and the Star Wars Hotel and make a big ass deal about it.

I mean... are people really not expecting it to instantly become the most in-demand ride in the park?
Of course it will, but the most popular ride in Epcot isn't saying much. And quite frankly, Frozen fell off quite fast as far as it's demand.