Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Runaway Railway doesn’t have Boarding Groups. This doesn’t need it either.

They’ll turn the entire hub of Hollywood Studios into a queue for Runaway Railway during covid times and still never used boarding groups for it. There’s no (good) reason they couldn’t do the same with Ratatouille.
I agree, but if someone in the executive meeting comes up with some excuse to pinch more pennies out of guests, they will likely use the boarding groups. I'm sure someone at the board room probably went "Hey, let's implement the boarding groups so guests who don't make the lottery to get on the ride can take out their frustrations by spending more money on alcohol!"

I’ve only had to read about bording group experiences on here but never had to experience it, just another reason a Disney vaca isn’t appealing. They don’t want you to ride the new rides, just go the parks and spend $$$. Which is the obvious goal of these companies, but this is just blatant.

Runaway Railway doesn’t have Boarding Groups.
It’s also technically impossible (or irrationally expensive to change) given the way boarding groups are tied to the ticket entitlement and that the system already in place at Rise of the Resistance.

Ive seen a few “omg I’m crying” but that’s expected. I think CMs will enjoy it overall but the GP will shrug and say “boarding groups are not worth this”.
I don't agree with boarding groups for this ride, but it makes total sense from a business perspective as it'll keep people in Epcot longer and drive them there earlier in the day rather than going to DHS in the morning and then park hopping to Epcot at night.

I thought this ride was terrible when I rode it in Paris and I died on the “Web Slingers doesnt look that bad” hill :lol:

It's okay. Disney swept up your remains and put them in the "Don't Listen To Park Guests" graveyard. The worst part is that VQ or Boarding Groups is Disney's go-to anymore. How about just building better rides with high capacity and doing so while spreading the new rides across the three underutilized parks? Oh and don't spend $500M on each ride.

I actually want to ride this (not a must-do) but a VQ or BG is somewhat irritating. Kind of like having to pay extra to ride RotR via Lightning. I thought that park tickets included all rides but we're going back to coupons.

It would have been better if this came with new World Showcase attractions. As minor as it was, Poppins would have been a great thematic addition to the UK area. So would the rumored Coco and Brazil additions, even if they were just a retheme and a restaurant respectively.

Given this is the worst of WDW's three trackless rides, I wonder how enthusiastic CM's will be after riding this.

It's the usual mix, those who're going the "everything is great" approach, but there are those who're openly saying it's disappointing.

Though I will say, I feel Boarding Groups will create an unrealistic expectation for this ride. When the only other ride at WDW which uses BG's is Rise, you can't fault the guests for thinking it's gonna' be the same caliber.

It's the usual mix, those who're going the "everything is great" approach, but there are those who're openly saying it's disappointing.

Though I will say, I feel Boarding Groups will create an unrealistic expectation for this ride. When the only other ride at WDW which uses BG's is Rise, you can't fault the guests for thinking it's gonna' be the same caliber.
This is Disney’s endgame is that evey rdie will have a virtual queue and Genie will basically plan your day. Every ride booked through the app and the E tickets an up charge. This is the future and be prepared. On papawr it seems great maybe with efficiencies of distributing guests they can get more riders per hour and you get on more of what you like. But this is just the start.

How late after park close do the Virtual Queue rides tend to stay open? If it's soon, then it's decreasing the ride's daily capacity when compared to standby, and also means the rides are cheaper to operate. Just a thougth.

How late after park close do the Virtual Queue rides tend to stay open? If it's soon, then it's decreasing the ride's daily capacity when compared to standby, and also means the rides are cheaper to operate. Just a thougth.
At least with Rise, the last group is usually called an hour before park close. Ratatouille might be different since it'll (hopefully) be more reliable.