Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Now that I remember, I’m pretty sure this ride has very little amount of actual physical queue space (sort of like RotR), so I sort of get from that stand point why it may make sense to have boarding groups for the ride.

Of course, MMRR has very little queue space and it uses a regular standby queue that bleeds into the DHS hub, so try to make sense of that I guess.

Now that I remember, I’m pretty sure this ride has very little amount of actual physical queue space (sort of like RotR), so I sort of get from that stand point why it may make sense to have boarding groups for the ride.

Of course, MMRR has very little queue space and it uses a regular standby queue that bleeds into the DHS hub, so try to make sense of that I guess.
There's a whole covered exterior overflow queue too here. (if RoTR worked reliably the queue would hold about 90 minutes worth)

There's a whole covered exterior overflow queue too here. (if RoTR worked reliably the queue would hold about 90 minutes worth)
Yeah I know there is covered exterior queue that probably holds about 30 mins worth of people by the looks of it.

The boarding groups obviously aren’t implemented based on amount of queue space or FEA would have BGs. It’s clearly an attempt to get people into the parks and then lock them in there all day in order to actually ride Remy, i.e. an attempt to cut down on park hopping.

As much as I hate the boarding group implementation and think it needs a massive re-haul, I wonder if rope drop operations made it necessary for Disney to use it here as well. As mentioned previously, International Gateway would have a HUGE advantage if they went with the physical standby option. That entrance would get absolutely crushed if >50% of the day's guests used it in the early morning. That, and I don't think they want to risk guests at the Future World entrance running like mad bulls all the way to the other side of the park.

As much as I hate the boarding group implementation and think it needs a massive re-haul, I wonder if rope drop operations made it necessary for Disney to use it here as well. As mentioned previously, International Gateway would have a HUGE advantage if they went with the physical standby option. That entrance would get absolutely crushed if >50% of the day's guests used it in the early morning. That, and I don't think they want to risk guests at the Future World entrance running like mad bulls all the way to the other side of the park.

I personally don't see an issue with guests staying at Disney's expensive Deluxe hotels getting that sort of advantage for this particular ride. It's not even included with the new extra magic hours!

This is pretty cool, I guess the scenes in Remy can hold if the next scene ahead is blocked

It is also slightly hilarious waiting for the cork to pop lol

So based on what i've seen from the previews, even with the extended outdoor queue, there isn't a lot of queue space for this ride and with it about to be the big in-demand ride at Epcot, I actually think it makes sense that it will start out with BGs. I do think that it won't last all that long with BGs though, especially with GotG coming up next in Epcot and Tron in MK.

So based on what i've seen from the previews, even with the extended outdoor queue, there isn't a lot of queue space for this ride and with it about to be the big in-demand ride at Epcot, I actually think it makes sense that it will start out with BGs. I do think that it won't last all that long with BGs though, especially with GotG coming up next in Epcot and Tron in MK.
With all interior and exterior queue, it apparently only has enough room for about a 35 min wait. Beyond that it spills out into the land. So, yup.

Are they doing any non-reserved previews for this ride for general guests or no? I never did get an AP slot to ride it.

They ran out of Boarding Groups this morning within 1 second. And yet the 1pm drop had spots available for over an hour. :eek:O:
Everyone was there this morning. By mid-afternoon everyone who was there for 50th stuff probably had done the ride and went over to MK. I really don't think this ride is going to (normally) be that big of a hassle to get on and BG's may even go away fairly quickly.

The second BG drop is always the best way to get on a ride with Boarding Groups though as we saw with RotR as well.

Everyone was there this morning. By mid-afternoon everyone who was there for 50th stuff probably had done the ride and went over to MK. I really don't think this ride is going to (normally) be that big of a hassle to get on and BG's may even go away fairly quickly.

The second BG drop is always the best way to get on a ride with Boarding Groups though as we saw with RotR as well.
I knew something was up when I was able to get one at 1.

I knew something was up when I was able to get one at 1.
The ride seems to be operating well today, yes? This ride has a pretty high capacity if I remember, so if it's not breaking down, it should be eating people and going through Boarding Groups fairly quickly, i'd think.

Good bye Boarding Groups within a couple months, and maybe sooner....Just a guess, looking at the quality of the attraction, it's target demo, capacity, and Epcot's waning attendance.

I would love to not have to deal with boarding groups by November 10th, but I'm expecting they won't be gone quite yet.

Hopefully the 1pm drop remains very obtainable.

Good bye Boarding Groups within a couple months, and maybe sooner....Just a guess, looking at the quality of the attraction, it's target demo, capacity, and Epcot's waning attendance.
There's nothing wrong with the attraction quality really. I'd argue it's instantly going to become many people's favorite ride in the park. It's just there's been two higher quality LPS attractions to debut in WDW over the past 2 years. This attraction was designed Pre-2013, so it should come as no surprise that it won't match up in quality.

As for Epcot's attendance... I think DHS and DAK are in A LOT more trouble when it comes to attendance. Epcot has been really busy lately and last night was absolutely packed. Meanwhile, RotR is sitting at a 35 minute wait and Flight of Passage at a 15 minute wait on the app. I hope BG's go away rather quickly, but as long as the parks are relying on mostly domestic tourists/locals, Epcot is going to be the second most popular WDW park by far because a). Epcot is popular with locals and b.) It has a nighttime fireworks show.