Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

I think there's a couple factors contributing to the lack of excitement for the ride. It's a clone of a ride that opened around 6 years ago which didn't really make a splash when it opened in Paris, and it was regarded as one of the weaker trackless darkrides Disney has done at the time. (Compared to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor.). It wouldn't be surprising if a lack of excitement is due to that.

But the real nasty kicker? Boarding Groups. Any excitement for this ride is just sucked away because people are flat-out tired of that system and don't wanna' deal with it.
I dream of a day where we have a Mystic Manor-esque ride, but with Figment and Dreamfinder

Boarding groups are trash

Experienced this today. Between missing the first set of boarding groups despite refreshing at 7 and then having to be on edge at 1 before finally getting a group that had the chance to ride at 6:30 it just sucks the fun out of everything.

It’s a good, solid addition to the park. But with all the added hassle it really isn’t as enjoyable as it should be.

Yeah, I live up the street and i'd go more often to the park if I knew it was easier to get on. Having to get a boarding pass though kept most of my family (who again live 5 mins away) from riding RotR for almost 2 years and has so far done the same with Remy.

A welcome development.
Hopefully virtual queues are mostly on their way out with both Disney & Universal, except for new attraction openings, sometimes. Universal didn't even use it much, if at all, on Hagrids during the Christmas crush. They are way too complicated for the average theme park guest, and are mostly a pain in the butt for a vacation traveler....A far cry from the Fallon attraction writer/lead who publicly said virtual lines were the near future for Universal attractions. Hopefully the pro virtual line creatives and operations mgt. are no longer in position to force their pet theory. .

Last edited:
RIP Virtual Queue Dec 2019- Jan 2022

Goodbye and good riddance....for now at least until Cosmic Rewind opens up.
I'm 50/50 on if it will come back for Cosmic Rewind. I certainly wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it does, but I feel like now that Lightning Lane is offered, having an extremely high standby wait time is what hey want displayed so that people just fork over the money so that they can skip the long line.

RIP Virtual Queue Dec 2019- Jan 2022

Goodbye and good riddance....for now at least until Cosmic Rewind opens up.
I feel like Guardians is the first Disney ride in a long time to have decent queue space and decent capacity

So I'm interested if it actually comes to GotG

I feel like Guardians is the first Disney ride in a long time to have decent queue space and decent capacity

So I'm interested if it actually comes to GotG
RotR has a very good capacity (it just wasn't working reliably) and there's a deceptive amount of queue space (in a good way). Since part of the queue is actually sort of a ride in itself, I feel like the queue space seems less for the ride than it actually is.

I’m thinking with each new attraction they will still start off with virtual queues to control guest flow.

Another reason to do VQ, it forces guests to use park reservations on Epcot rather than MK or HS then park hopping later.

I have a friend who is taking their girlfriend next week, I imagine they’re unaware of this process but I know they love Ratatouille, we saw it together a kids, but is there a TLDR of when/how they should get a boarding group for the ride? Should they already have done it? They’re staying on property but I’m not sure where.

I have a friend who is taking their girlfriend next week, I imagine they’re unaware of this process but I know they love Ratatouille, we saw it together a kids, but is there a TLDR of when/how they should get a boarding group for the ride? Should they already have done it? They’re staying on property but I’m not sure where.
Tomorrow is the last day for Boarding groups

Leaving EPCOT now, came to ride Remy mostly. I had only been on once prior and had to wait roughly five hours or so after getting my boarding pass. Rest of my group had never been on yet because of the boarding group hassle.

Long story short, being able to wait Standby was such a welcome thing. Line had a 60 minute wait around 7:00 and waited 65. Line moved at a pretty decent pace. I enjoyed it more this time, but still think it’s a pretty mediocre for this type of ride. My group said it reminded them of a Universal ride :lol: