Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Leaving EPCOT now, came to ride Remy mostly. I had only been on once prior and had to wait roughly five hours or so after getting my boarding pass. Rest of my group had never been on yet because of the boarding group hassle.

Long story short, being able to wait Standby was such a welcome thing. Line had a 60 minute wait around 7:00 and waited 65. Line moved at a pretty decent pace. I enjoyed it more this time, but still think it’s a pretty mediocre for this type of ride. My group said it reminded them of a Universal ride :lol:

A car the rides around looking at screens, something goes wrong, and you get water splashed on you?

Reactions: salismetho
Leaving EPCOT now, came to ride Remy mostly. I had only been on once prior and had to wait roughly five hours or so after getting my boarding pass. Rest of my group had never been on yet because of the boarding group hassle.

Long story short, being able to wait Standby was such a welcome thing. Line had a 60 minute wait around 7:00 and waited 65. Line moved at a pretty decent pace. I enjoyed it more this time, but still think it’s a pretty mediocre for this type of ride. My group said it reminded them of a Universal ride :lol:

Yup. And it wouldn't rank that high among them. There's something about the pacing that's just a little off.

Yup. And it wouldn't rank that high among them. There's something about the pacing that's just a little off.
It's closest comp is Transformers and it gets blown out of the water by that, which in turn gets blown out of the water by Spider-Man (imo). The story is just pretty weak, not getting Patton Oswalt back for the ride was a big miss, and the mix of English/French, while fitting for the DLPR and I guess thematically for the France pavilion, didn't work for me in the ride.

Reactions: UNIrd
It's closest comp is Transformers and it gets blown out of the water by that, which in turn gets blown out of the water by Spider-Man (imo). The story is just pretty weak, not getting Patton Oswald back for the ride was a big miss, and the mix of English/French, while fitting for the DLPR and I guess thematically for the France pavilion, didn't work for me in the ride.

I'm almost certain Oswalt did return for the ride. It sounds a lot like him.

I do agree that the English/French hybrid is jarring and doesn't really work here.

I'm almost certain Oswalt did return for the ride. It sounds a lot like him.

I do agree that the English/French hybrid is jarring and doesn't really work here.

Yeah, I was wrong. I thought the wikipedia page hd said the soundalikes were used, but I was mistaken.

Just rode it and that was... not great. The French/English voice track was weird and made the plot harder to follow, and the ride itself felt like Transformers without any energy, cohesion, or movement. Simply going from big screen to big screen on an empty black floor with nothing particularly exciting to hook you in. Worth it as a 15 minute wait type of experience but as a new attraction for the 50th with a 90 minute wait... hell nah lol.

Ratatouille will be included in general lightning lane for until Early August, meaning no extra upcharge on top of the base upcharge. It will eventually go back to being individual Lightning Lane, though.

Reactions: shiekra38
Rode with a Lightning Lane Friday night.

Really like this one! A fun ride, and a true addition to Epcot which we've been missing for far too long. Not the best ride ever, but a real solid addition that's a lot of fun. Surprisingly chaotic, and I don't think it quite pulls off some of the illusions it's trying to do, but overall those are just nit picks. Really had fun with it.

Rode with a Lightning Lane Friday night.

Really like this one! A fun ride, and a true addition to Epcot which we've been missing for far too long. Not the best ride ever, but a real solid addition that's a lot of fun. Surprisingly chaotic, and I don't think it quite pulls off some of the illusions it's trying to do, but overall those are just nit picks. Really had fun with it.
I agree with your assessment. We rode it three times on our April trip. Parks need more attractions like this. Not every ride needs to be a massive high thrill E ticket. Fun is often underrated, but it's an important aspect of a good attraction. Plus, the new area outside the attraction has a nice ambiance.

I agree with your assessment. We rode it three times on our April trip. Parks need more attractions like this. Not every ride needs to be a massive high thrill E ticket. Fun is often underrated, but it's an important aspect of a good attraction. Plus, the new area outside the attraction has a nice ambiance.
The area outside is very nice looking, but feels kind of dead. I wish there were some more kinetics back there, but it is very nice looking.

I never jumped in here, but we rode it for the first time in September.

It's fun but uh.. I wouldn't wait an hour for it again.

I never jumped in here, but we rode it for the first time in September.

It's fun but uh.. I wouldn't wait an hour for it again.
Myself, I don't ever wait an hour for a ride/attraction. 30 to 40 minutes tops. I kind of study the Touring Plans tested line times, so I can generally limit the wait. On Remy, if you're on site and do the early time, the lines are generally 10 to 15 minutes if you hit it first. Then do Frozen. If you do Frozen first, Remy will generally be about 20 to 30 minutes that first half hour, short of holidays..

Myself, I don't ever wait an hour for a ride/attraction. 30 to 40 minutes tops. I kind of study the Touring Plans tested line times, so I can generally limit the wait. On Remy, if you're on site and do the early time, the lines are generally 10 to 15 minutes if you hit it first. Then do Frozen. If you do Frozen first, Remy will generally be about 20 to 30 minutes that first half hour, short of holidays..
Yeah we are never on site so we get kinda limited.

I'll always wait an hour for Hagrid's though

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed - we went in September, posted wait time was an hour and we waited maybe 35-40 mins.
Yes, as I've said before, Touring Plans formula of 60 to 65% on actual waits vs. park posted waits works on most occasions. So when I look at a posted time, I usually take it to be a two thirds real wait, unless I see the queue looking otherwise.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95