Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Resort dining

Mar 12, 2019
Orlando
My wife and I are going in the end of September and into October for a week. We are staying at the Hard Rock and have plans to eat at the palm one night. I have been to the restaurants in city walk and mama Della's previously but want to go to other places around the resort whether it be for a full meal or just some drinks. I'm definitely going to stop at a bunch of the bars in the parks as usually we don't stop for food at the parks besides quick service but what are some must sees in the parks or at different hotels around the resort?

Sitting outside at the Thirsty Fish at Portofino with a bottle of wine and a cheese plate is quite relaxing.
Brings back good memories of you and your daughter, Bod Waddington and his former girlfriend, Mark (UK-Trigg) and Samantha, Alene & me and about a zillion drinks
and an army of pizzas from Sals. Best sight. Mark's head kept falling to the table after literally dozens of drinks, and he ordered a proper cup of tea with milk. The Brits
sure fire recipe to prevent a hangover. :lol:

Where have you eaten in CityWalk?

Also add The Kitchen in HRH and Island Dining Room at RPR to your list. I believe Strong Water is one of the best options, period, at the resort.
I've had pretty much every place in city walk except big fire, wasn't open yet last time I was there. And I've had the breakfast buffet at the kitchen. What's the place that has the unlimited mimosa's with breakfast? Looking to go there for breakfast one day as well. We usually don't stray anywhere off of hard rock and city walk so I want to just wander around the resort and experience some new stuff

Where have you eaten in CityWalk?

Also add The Kitchen in HRH and Island Dining Room at RPR to your list. I believe Strong Water is one of the best options, period, at the resort.

sound advice! My family have always enjoyed the kitchen at HRH when we have eaten there. I enjoy rum and Strong Water has plenty to chose from.

I've had pretty much every place in city walk except big fire, wasn't open yet last time I was there. And I've had the breakfast buffet at the kitchen. What's the place that has the unlimited mimosa's with breakfast? Looking to go there for breakfast one day as well. We usually don't stray anywhere off of hard rock and city walk so I want to just wander around the resort and experience some new stuff

I definitely recommend Bigfire.

When we were at Strongwater a couple weeks ago, they were still taking same day reservations. Amatisto restaurant downstairs was next day reservations. Strongwater menu (small plates) was cut in half from normal, but the best stuff was still on it. We generally get three small plates for the two of us to share , and that ends up being a pretty large meal. It's definitely my fav bar/restaurant on site.

When we were at Strongwater a couple weeks ago, they were still taking same day reservations. Amatisto restaurant downstairs was next day reservations. Strongwater menu (small plates) was cut in half from normal, but the best stuff was still on it. We generally get three small plates for the two of us to share , and that ends up being a pretty large meal. It's definitely my fav bar/restaurant on site.
You can get lucky sometimes...I've had good luck with Anojitos, even though it's not my fave, but otherwise it's a mess