Restaurants | Inside Universal Forums

Restaurants

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

The restaurants in the Lower Lot are just pretty much a buffet. What would you like to see in the Lower Lot. I haven't seen that Jurassic Snacks (in the upper seating on top of Jurassic Cafe) open for years. Would you like to see a new restaurant to help level out the crowds?

Jurassic Snacks was open in the summer, I was shocked to see! Maybe they'll do it again this year.

I would love a full sit-down restaurant down there, but with CityWalk outside I don't know if it's a good idea, unless it was something unique that CityWalk can't offer. 

Reactions: Chris
I agree with Miss Betty. I would love to see something sit-down within the park - Upper or Lower Lot.

Yeah, but CityWalk doesn't have a like Disney kind of thing. They could theme a restaurant heavily, like Carthay Circle Retaurant. Themed to movies, having a Hollywood Atmosphere.

Also, USH doesn't really have any strong themed area besides the London and European Streets.

That would be awesome! Maybe they could even incorporate it into an attraction, similar to the way the Blue Bayou restaurant does with Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. I like the ease of the fast food restaurants, but sometimes it would be nice just to sit back and enjoy the moment. 

Although I love the idea of a themed restaurant similar to the Mythos Restaurant at IOA, I never saw USH as a park where you have time to sit back and "enjoy the moment" kind of park.  This park always wants to herd you to the next venue!

JP Cafe is the park's popular food venue. I know Mel's used Cyber Grill as a overflow, but the park is running out of venues. And they got to spread everyone out, like add something the lower lot has, and i understand JP Cafe is the only food area that has multiple food choices, but the Upper Lot needs one. Something unique..

I'm excited :D I'm down for an all you can eat BBQ! Step up from Panda Express! I hope they got chicken....lol

If Mel's is closing indefinitely, that's kinda shocking and depressing. What would the reason even be? Would it "compete" too much with the future universal plaza eatery?

Either way, yay for the horribly named new BBQ place!

I realize this may sound stupid but...if Mel's is a goner tear the whole section out and you've got room for some ride or show. I know those are offices there, but those can easily be moved somewhere else. Build a nice family dark ride.

Reactions: William
It would be a shame. The day when they took out the doo wop singers was a sad day. Now possibly the removal of Mel's would be quite the bummer.