Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright, everything should be completed by weeks end. All that's left is the new signage, props, and new test seats.

Which doors? The one to the main queue or extended queue?

These doors:
8285171524_ac5921dd6e.jpg

When I was there on Monday morning and the walls were still up, there were two guys painting the red part of the marquee so I guess they did a little more than just pouring some concrete :smiley:

Out of the 8 years that ride has been here and as many times as Ive ridden it- Ive only been through there twice....The only reason I remember them is bc the first time was opening month and my cousin peed himself in a 2 and a half hour line.......Yea...and then the second time I remember thinking.."Wow, this feels...new"

Kind of miss that area and wish they would remodel it so you walked through that instead of just the front. Maybe not all of it but most of it and combined the larger pieces of scenery and props. Reason being, it sets up the easily and often missed concept of the movie set being cursed.
I love the classic Mummy pieces and "From Fear to Eternity" joke on From Here to Eternity.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I had the not so great please of having to wait in that extended queue when it first opened and it sucked. From room to room it felt like it was never going to end.

I was lucky enough to ride it two months before the grand opening ,but still waited 2 hours opening weekend anyway :lol:

I was lucky enough to ride it two months before the grand opening as well but still waited 2 hours opening weekend anyway :lol:

I didnt mind the first time going on and thought it was neat seeing some of the behind the scene art work but after waiting in that line once was enough. If the line was outside heading into the preview center building I would sat forget that :lol:

That part of the queue was never intended to be the "Extended Queue". Originally, it was designed to just be part of the queue, and plays a role in the transition from movie set to ancient Egypt. Skipping shortens the transitional narrative.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Exactly. I am figuring this re-routing could bring that transition back. From Behind production notes to cursed film set. Rather than just tomb behind random facade.