Rock the Universe 2022 | Inside Universal Forums

Rock the Universe 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Rock the Universe, Florida’s biggest Christian music festival, is back - officially returning to Universal Studios Florida on January 28-30, 2022.

That's the weekend I automatically mark off of vacation possibilities. I scheduled a vacation once when they were holding it in September. I was unaware they were having their event.
NEVER AGAIN. They are not nice kids. Embarrassing behaviors.
It's a bunch of middle school youth groups thrown together with Switchfoot the chaos that ensues is startling

But the same stuff happens at Grad Night or whatever as well.

I'm surprised Universal bothers with either and it leaves a bad impression of the parks on people who may have never been

It's a bunch of middle school youth groups thrown together with Switchfoot the chaos that ensues is startling

But the same stuff happens at Grad Night or whatever as well.

I'm surprised Universal bothers with either and it leaves a bad impression of the parks on people who may have never been
I've been there on Grad weekends in the Spring most every year. Really nothing like the ignorant behaviors we saw from the 'Christian Youth Group' kids. They truly
lack respect for others, and themselves., and 'real' Christian values.

Reactions: anihilnation
I've been there on Grad weekends in the Spring most every year. Really nothing like the ignorant behaviors we saw from the 'Christian Youth Group' kids. They truly
lack respect for others, and themselves., and 'real' Christian values.
Tbh, many of the attendees do not go to the church they are attending the event with. The event itself actually attracts a lot of people from outside the churches. In order for church youth groups to be able to attend, they need to have a large group, meaning that they will take anyone willing to pay money to attend the event in most cases. It's a win-win for all. Universal benefits from it, the churches benefit from it, and then there's just the people who ended up getting a cheap trip to Universal out of the deal.

I will say, since this moved to January, it has become a much more sparsely attended event and more calm in general. Not as out of control as it was before.

Reactions: shiekra38
Our recap

After a 2-year absence, Rock the Universe returned to Universal Orlando, holding its weekend event at Universal Studios Florida.

Reactions: therock
How were the overall crowds compared to when it was in September? Was it difficult to navigate around the concert sites?