Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant - Toy Story Land | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant - Toy Story Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, right, this thing...
What's really embarrassing about it is we often talk about rides taking long but Disney will throw up a DVC or restaurant practically overnight. This simple restaurant was announced on April 30th, 2019 meaning it was announced before the 2019 D23 Expo. Here we are over three years later and D23 is coming around again and it's still quite a ways from being finished. Who knows what the inside looks like, but there's still no facade or exterior theming to speak of.

• Sad
Reactions: shiekra38
Finally they're actually working on the facade and the entry area. This restaurant was announced in April 2019, right around the same exact time construction fully began on Velocicoaster. Velocicaster is one of the best Coasters in the world and opened last summer. This is a BBQ restaurant that for some reason is taking well over 3 years to open.

This is the only project at WDW that I find somewhat justifiable to delay as a result of the pandemic. Staffing levels were (and continue) to be low, but they've significantly improved it over the past few months now. They also didn't want two new table service restaurants to compete with each other.

Finally they're actually working on the facade and the entry area. This restaurant was announced in April 2019, right around the same exact time construction fully began on Velocicoaster. Velocicaster is one of the best Coasters in the world and opened last summer. This is a BBQ restaurant that for some reason is taking well over 3 years to open.

Of all the projects at Disney, this one made the most sense to pause during the uncertainty of the pandemic and staffing issues.

Unlike Tron which should have been continued on.

Glad this is being finished up now, don’t think the facade will take too long.

Pretty decent amount of progress made on this in the past two weeks.
roundup-rodeo-bbq-construction-10102022-5.jpg

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Somehow missed this. Spring 2023 announced timeframe in December (this was originally scheduled to open in 2020). Some first looks at the inside of the building as well. Looks as you'd expect from TSL and from what the concept art shows.

TIUIT72765476547652754.jpg

wrubqfs45785667362.jpg

wrubqfs45785667364.jpg

Anything that will pull even some people inside is needed in that land (and the park, in general).
Yup. I wish they'd just announce a slew of projects for DHS and DAK only. The other two parks are... good enough. They at least have enough to do for the day. DHS and DAK are going to be embarrassed by Epic from Day 1.

The RNRC thing I do hope happens though. A change in theme is needed anyway and when you think about it, a downtime of a little bit is a small price to pay for an updated ride that hopefully wouldn't suck in theme. DHS needs to be expanded though and DAK needs to improve what's there before expanding (i.e. Chester & Hester). DHS also needs to figure out what the hell to do with the Mermaid building.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
They aren't necessarily out of room to expand the land. A flat could easily go towards the entrance of the land, right next to the restaurant.
Correct, there were three rides originally but the third was scrapped and led to leaving One Man’s Dream standing. Since that’s a fair trade :huh:

Reactions: shiekra38
Correct, there were three rides originally but the third was scrapped and led to leaving One Man’s Dream standing. Since that’s a fair trade :huh:
Yeah, I was considering on giving an option including the OMD plot (I believe a small ride can be added without taking out OMD).

If you were to take out OMD, you could add a ride of pretty decent size and while you're at it, tear down Mermaid building and Animation building next door, clearing way for a revitalized Animation Courtyard with something like a Tangled Boat Ride (a ride type that is lacking at DHS) and Snuggly Duckling Quick Service along with a Monsters Inc. section with door coaster and Harryhausen's Table Service. I would continue the changes by taking out BatB for a stage version of Encanto.

The park needs serious help.

The park needs serious help.

While I 100% agree, don't you think it's incredible that they dropped approx $1.5+ billion on it and that hasn't made enough of a difference?! DHS needs some DCA 2.0 style investment and planning to 'fix' it.

The problem was that they closed as much as they added to a park that had capacity issues forever.
Well, part of "fixing" the park was changing the layout of the park, so there was always going to be a lot of replacement, especially with the SWGE/TSL area. The Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard could use the same "fixing" in order to really give this park a proper layout. RNRC getting a retheme is inevitable as well as needed.

They were on the right track with DHS in terms of making it a respectable park, the problem was that they stopped investing in the park.