Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

One of the TM's I spoke with for example was carrying on a conversation Mike Aiello while I was there.

OH! That reminds me.. a friend of mine at work who's in our video production department used to work at Universal in their production department and one day I was telling him some stuff about HHN and I mentioned Michael Aiello and he was like wait.. how do you know him?? Apparently they used to work together in the video production department at Universal and are still friends.. Aiello is actually voicing a character for an animated film my friend is writing right now, small world! When I said how Aiello got promoted my friend knew and said he's not surprised and that one day Aiello is going to run that place, that's the kind of guy Aiello is.

OH! That reminds me.. a friend of mine at work who's in our video production department used to work at Universal in their production department and one day I was telling him some stuff about HHN and I mentioned Michael Aiello and he was like wait.. how do you know him?? Apparently they used to work together in the video production department at Universal and are still friends.. Aiello is actually voicing a character for an animated film my friend is writing right now, small world! When I said how Aiello got promoted my friend knew and said he's not surprised and that one day Aiello is going to run that place, that's the kind of guy Aiello is.

Nice, just goes to show........

all together now.............

Its a small world after all.

Sorry :D

The actors that do FFL come from other areas and are ranked into it and on contracts the same way the actors are for characters, other shows, etc....

That show can close and their contract can be dumped with no notice. If the show exists they get their hours, if it doesn't, they're SOL. More than likely they get shifted back into other roles. Most of them are Marvel heroes as well if I recall properly.

Anywho... I suspect the London facade will be extended. I'm not 100% sure the ride won't be entered via Diagon, or rather, somehow kept distinct from the usual park.

The side of Diagon that is near Fear Factor is all backlot type sets with no infrastructure really. I'm not sure they'd miss the opportunity to put happy riders into that shopping area by connecting them somehow.

Maybe Ministry adds a London park area between the two and a secondary entryway to Diagon, behind the 13 Grimald Place facade.

The actors that do FFL come from other areas and are ranked into it and on contracts the same way the actors are for characters, other shows, etc....

That show can close and their contract can be dumped with no notice. If the show exists they get their hours, if it doesn't, they're SOL. More than likely they get shifted back into other roles. Most of them are Marvel heroes as well if I recall properly.

Anywho... I suspect the London facade will be extended. I'm not 100% sure the ride won't be entered via Diagon, or rather, somehow kept distinct from the usual park.

The side of Diagon that is near Fear Factor is all backlot type sets with no infrastructure really. I'm not sure they'd miss the opportunity to put happy riders into that shopping area by connecting them somehow.

Maybe Ministry adds a London park area between the two and a secondary entryway to Diagon, behind the 13 Grimald Place facade.
Yeah, that would all work pretty well with whats there already, and make use of all that dead space backstage & the grassy area between Diagon & FFL, adding a good amount of valuable attraction real estate.

Yeah, that would all work pretty well with whats there already, and make use of all that dead space backstage & the grassy area between Diagon & FFL, adding a good amount of valuable attraction real estate.

There's backstage service roads between Diagon and FFL though, so that has to be taken into account.

Well, turn the "front" of the building to face Diagon. Make an alley that runs down there leading to a backstage gate between the two.

But the side facin the main lagoon would just look like more London facade. The side facing Diagon is the entrance/exit and between it and Diagon is done like a park or garden area amid some city flats.

Some baffles to keep the London-London and Diagon separate and people can flow easily between the two.

Maybe the Ministry can have its own gift shop - like within the Story gift shop that folks can buy stuff from when they visit or tour or whatever. Come to think of it most government buildings like that usually do.

And then to get back to the real world maybe it's a matter of some old Living Seas Hydrolator type gimmick so it's not just open to the outside world.

EDIT: Googled some imagery.

This is the Ministry area per the films:

Harry_Potter_and_the_Order_of_the_Phoenix_0404.jpg

Which works perfectly for my alley and connector idea. Behind that bridge would be a plaza, with Ministry entrance to the right and Diagon to the left.

Last edited:
Is there a time frame for this project? Since all of a sudden WDW got to UO speed due to the 50th Anniversary in 2021/22. Do you guys think UO is trying to open 2 major HP rides (forbidden forest and MoM) by the time Epcot's overhaul is finished?

Is there a time frame for this project? Since all of a sudden WDW got to UO speed due to the 50th Anniversary in 2021/22. Do you guys think UO is trying to open 2 major HP rides (forbidden forest and MoM) by the time Epcot's overhaul is finished?

If I was a betting man I'd say MoM opens in 2020, Nintendo in 2021

This is pretty much how I think about it, except I've often imagined the entrance to be through the big arched door in Carkitt, but they could well dump out that way too.

Thinking about it now it wouldn't make sense to enter that way seeing as its in London in the movies.

The picture posted is fun as I'm going there at the weekend, planning on doing a self guided walking tour that takes in a the filming locations from the movies. The Best Self-Guided Harry Potter Walking Tour In London!

This is pretty much how I think about it, except I've often imagined the entrance to be through the big arched door in Carkitt, but they could well dump out that way too.

Thinking about it now it wouldn't make sense to enter that way seeing as its in London in the movies.

The picture posted is fun as I'm going there at the weekend, planning on doing a self guided walking tour that takes in a the filming locations from the movies. The Best Self-Guided Harry Potter Walking Tour In London!

I still want a toilet entrance somehow, but for that arch in carkitt, they could theme both sides to a fireplace. Use some green lights and maybe some sort of fog or smoke effect and boom, floo network.

I still want a toilet entrance somehow, but for that arch in carkitt, they could theme both sides to a fireplace. Use some green lights and maybe some sort of fog or smoke effect and boom, floo network.

Nice idea

Im convinced there's something in store for it, I've thought it since the first day I saw it. The door facade not the loo LOL. I also think MoM has been in the works for a long long time but that's just me putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with too much :)

Nice idea

Im convinced there's something in store for it, I've thought it since the first day I saw it. The door facade not the loo LOL. I also think MoM has been in the works for a long long time but that's just me putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with too much :)
You're probably right. Can't see them being able to fast track it unless the R&D was completed & sitting, ready to go once it got the OK.

At this point they should really just call the parks "Universal's Harry Potter Resort...and some other IPs. too"

I know the Potter fandom is high on this board, but I really think they are over doing it a bit.
I completely agree with you. I think Universal is running into a couple problems that's forcing them to keep building Potter.

1) Star Wars. They need something to act as counter-programming to SWL. It doesn't have to match SWL, but it needs enough appeal to get people to keep an extra vacation day for Universal. Potter is the only thing they have that could possibly do that. Enter, Forbidden Forest coaster.

2) Nintendo. I think Universal thinks that Nintendo will have the hype of Star Wars or the original Potter. So, you need counter-programming for that. Not everybody can fit into Nintendo, so there has to be new attractions to draw them away from Nintendo. Enter, MoM ride.

Enter through London side, dump into Diagon through the established archway. They set a precedent with HE. You have to leave Diagon to get to the train because the train is in London. HE still dumps people into a HP shopping land.

Maybe the access road can be shifted to the right of the building between MIB and MOM.

Pictures please!

Personally, I'd rather them build out more Nintendo stuff at this point, but I guess that addition really hasn't been tested yet.