(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
London gets MoM, Hogsmeade gets new coaster. No one gets the short end of the stick.
I'm just looking from the standpoint of how we've all thought diagon was superior to hogsmeade before. Each would be getting one new attraction so I don't see how anything changes.

To me Hogsmeade wins out because Forbidden Journey + the new coaster could end up better than Gringotts + MoM.
No doubt, but as of the lands themselves I feel like there's so much less in hogsmeade than diagon. Wish they would've did like most of us hoped and saved some of the DC plot and did some coaster some hogsmeade expansion. I just looked at midway mayhem's video and that bottleneck leading up to Hogwarts is absolutely insane. Diagon has so much space and adventure whereas to hogsmeade it's pretty much forbidden journey, coaster, and pretty much that's it besides the few shops.

Saw an article on that new Globus Mondi (?) shop--can't remember if here or a Potter site--that said Universal does not have the rights to Fantastic Beasts. I assume the same goes for Cursed Child. Until we hear differently, assume anything being built is from the 8 movies.

Which makes thematic sense in any case. Potter London is a perfect snapshot of the city mid-90s (having lived there half a year in 1993). A book store, a record store, the old red phone booth--it's as much a time capsule as Main St. USA. I have no problem with everything in the WWoHP being frozen in a particular era.

Saw an article on that new Globus Mondi (?) shop--can't remember if here or a Potter site--that said Universal does not have the rights to Fantastic Beasts. I assume the same goes for Cursed Child. Until we hear differently, assume anything being built is from the 8 movies.

Which makes thematic sense in any case. Potter London is a perfect snapshot of the city mid-90s (having lived there half a year in 1993). A book store, a record store, the old red phone booth--it's as much a time capsule as Main St. USA. I have no problem with everything in the WWoHP being frozen in a particular era.

I need to find the contract, but I find it odd if they didn't secure first rights for any new content in the Wizarding World. I don't think WB is part of Cursed Child so that might be a totally different situation.

Can anyone tell me why the Hogwarts express entrance/exits was built outside of the lands themselves?

As others said the stations are not located in town/in Diagon in the books. From a logistics standpoint this allows for the train to run independently if the lands have to go to ticket entry.

I think they should stick Kowalski's in New York in USF. Seems like a nobrainer
JK and WB are very strict about the Wizarding World and how it looks in the parks and even who is allowed to go in the areas (speaking TMs here). I have a really hard time believing that they would approve that being built right in some random spot in the New York area.

Even if you may think it's a no brainer and no big deal, it matters to those protecting their IP and it would be incredibly unlikely to happen.

JK and WB are very strict about the Wizarding World and how it looks in the parks and even who is allowed to go in the areas (speaking TMs here). I have a really hard time believing that they would approve that being built right in some random spot in the New York area.

Even if you may think it's a no brainer and no big deal, it matters to those protecting their IP and it would be incredibly unlikely to happen.

I mean they let Fantastic Beasts happen in the first place so they can’t be all that protective!:rimshot:

I'm just looking from the standpoint of how we've all thought diagon was superior to hogsmeade before. Each would be getting one new attraction so I don't see how anything changes.

We don’t know how good MoM will be. It could be a D (and only pushed to an E due to it being Potter). It could be a dark ride, a shooter, a rotating theater, or a plethora of other options. I’d go as far as hoping for a D vs an E if it meant a better Kidzone replacement or faster movement on Shrek.

I believe the London expansion in almost as important as MoM. They have the opportunity to really do something special w/ a nice waterfront restaurant that shouldn’t be discounted.

We don’t know how good MoM will be. It could be a D (and only pushed to an E due to it being Potter). It could be a dark ride, a shooter, a rotating theater, or a plethora of other options. I’d go as far as hoping for a D vs an E if it meant a better Kidzone replacement or faster movement on Shrek.

I believe the London expansion in almost as important as MoM. They have the opportunity to really do something special w/ a nice waterfront restaurant that shouldn’t be discounted.
The thinking may go "we are replacing a show so viola - rotating theater!" I could see it happening. Would be "The MoM experience!"

I believe MoM will be a mega-E on the scale of FJ and Gringott's.

And I guessing June 2020 for the 10th Anniversary of TWWOHP.
So since the rumor has been that UOR is planning on moving away from screen reliant rides, I assume that will apply to this ride as well, correct?
if both of these posts come true, USF might overtake IOA as my favorite. Maybe.

Reactions: Joel