Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

I'd be all in for a BBC/HBO adaptation of the novels in a decade or two. I'd argue that once you get to the third book (and certainly by GOBLET OF FIRE), there's enough in there to sustain 5 - 6 hour-long episodes each.

ORDER OF THE PHOENIX and HALF-BLOOD PRINCE would particularly benefit from that sort of freedom.

And I really want a line-by-line adaption of "The Prince's Tale" from DEATHLY HALLOWS.

I'd be all in for a BBC/HBO adaptation of the novels in a decade or two. I'd argue that once you get to the third book (and certainly by GOBLET OF FIRE), there's enough in there to sustain 5 - 6 hour-long episodes each.

ORDER OF THE PHOENIX and HALF-BLOOD PRINCE would particularly benefit from that sort of freedom.

And I really want a line-by-line adaption of "The Prince's Tale" from DEATHLY HALLOWS.
There you go. Great idea. :idea:

Last I checked, we don't have any confirmation that Fantastic Beasts is going to be in the new park, let alone that it's going to feature a Ministry of Magic ride. I think it's still fair game to speculate that they might build a MoM attraction in Universal Studios.

I wasn't speculating. ;)

The Ministry ride has been long scooped by the new park, so it's all a bit unfortunately moot.

Unless they really do both London and Paris' ministry.
All they'd need to do is name one of two MoM rides something other than MoM. Sort of like how FJ is not called "Hogwarts."

I've always thought doing a TV show would be great - it would have a definite end, and as long as it was done properly, would still capture the kids growing up.

Rather than a ToT variation or dark ride, I would rather have a legit show. Enclose the FFL theater and make a show out of it. Having seen the Cursed Child play, there are some ridiculously cool things they could do that would really push the magic end of things. Magic shows are, to me, rewatchable, at least to see guest reactions and to try to figure out how it happened.

Hagrids shows that people still have a thirst for old time rides. Though it's tech is new and innovative, Hagrids has a lot more in common with attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, Jaws, etc.
DqTlvJPVsAAzBcM.jpg

I'm waking this thread up, because I got an interesting idea for what to put in the Fear Factor plot.

Now, I'm still all in on enclosing it as a "West End Theater" and putting a quality stage musical in there.

BUT... what if Universal put in an unexpected ride. Based on a book by a famous British author with a unique artistic style, family-friendly nature, and associated nostalgia...

Matilda.

Build a simple dark-ride (trackless or bus bar), that mimics Cat in the Hat's style of going through the storybook. You have a great antagonist in Trunchbull and compelling scenes involving torture and telekinesis. Plus, you can add a cute little "Bruce Bogtrotter's Baked Cakes" shop that sells cupcakes.

I'm waking this thread up, because I got an interesting idea for what to put in the Fear Factor plot.

Now, I'm still all in on enclosing it as a "West End Theater" and putting a quality stage musical in there.

BUT... what if Universal put in an unexpected ride. Based on a book by a famous British author with a unique artistic style, family-friendly nature, and associated nostalgia...

Matilda.

Build a simple dark-ride (trackless or bus bar), that mimics Cat in the Hat's style of going through the storybook. You have a great antagonist in Trunchbull and compelling scenes involving torture and telekinesis. Plus, you can add a cute little "Bruce Bogtrotter's Baked Cakes" shop that sells cupcakes.
Oh, this is a fun one! The broadway musical certainly showcased how immersive and technological they can get with a modern Matilda. I could see this working potentially.

Oh, this is a fun one! The broadway musical certainly showcased how immersive and technological they can get with a modern Matilda. I could see this working potentially.
And, best part?

Cat in the Hat actually FITS on the Fear Factor plot...

...WITHOUT touching the MiB Tent, or the access road between FF and Diagon.

Make it a thing, Universal!

Matilda.

Yesssss.

I know it's never going to happen, since they could never do this with anything not public domain, but my dream HHN house (aside from Mary returning, so see disclaimer again) would be a Dahl-based Scary Tales. Imagine a Matilda section with a victim impaled on the Chokey and a fat mannequin Bruce being force fed to death (think Se7en), with Trunchbull popping out with her swatter and asking, "skipping class?" or something like that.

Last edited:

OH Yeah, a Harry Potter stage show!!!!

Oh.

I hope this is true. First of all, that "Fear Factor" show is so old. Who watches it on TV anymore? Secondly, I hate explosions, they scare the crap out of me and the explosion they do at the end... I hate it and wish they wouldn't include it. Last, I love Harry Potter!

I completely understand the want/need for a new attraction in this spot I'm all for it, but there is a huge difference between watching the show and being in the show. I just participated in fear factor for the first time this past weekend (thanks to Hagrid being closed the whole damn day which I don't even want to get started on) and it was one of the most exciting times I have had at Universal, didn't make it to the finale but holding myself on a bar 2 stories high and swinging on a bungee throwing octopus at my friend was an experience I couldn't get anywhere else.. Before it closes I highly recommend getting a group of friends or even participating by yourself.