Saving Mr Wadd | Inside Universal Forums

Saving Mr Wadd

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Where is Bob?

I see Bob Wadd had been terminated, his name has a strike through and we see the terminators eyes with the word terminated as his status bar??????

term1.jpg

I've been using this forum for a long time now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the best and most photographic content has come from Bob Wadd yet he seems to have gone, why??????

I also noticed that refunds have been given from the helicopter fund, does this mean we are not going to see the much anticipated second aerial shoot????? Bob was instrumental in organizing this and the work and dedication he put in was second to none.I know this because I went on the last aerial shoot with him so have seen this first hand. Even though donations were given a large slice of the costs came from the pockets of those involved, again showing a large level of dedication.

ynnog posted
Does anybody know what happened to the helicopter charter fund? My donation was refunded and the thread has been deleted.

Another level of concern comes from a comment from Disneyhead
There was a little behind the scenes drama.

Come on everybody. Group Hug! Now, isn't that better? Hey stop throwing ****! No hug for you!!!!

Since Bob was banned by Uni, for taking construction photos for this forum, he has worked hard to find a new niche, that work coupled with the leads he has built have bought the forums another level of interest, especially falcons fury which I and many others have enjoyed following that thread. His photography and construction updates from the Orlando area will be missed and the forums will not be the same without it, so I urge you to please save Bob Wadd and reinstate his account.

Seems like its is Orlando "not so" United. What a shame

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug A.
Where is Bob?

I see Bob Wadd had been terminated, his name has a strike through and we see the terminators eyes with the word terminated as his status bar??????

term1.jpg

I've been using this forum for a long time now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the best and most photographic content has come from Bob Wadd yet he seems to have gone, why??????

I also noticed that refunds have been given from the helicopter fund, does this mean we are not going to see the much anticipated second aerial shoot????? Bob was instrumental in organizing this and the work and dedication he put in was second to none.I know this because I went on the last aerial shoot with him so have seen this first hand. Even though donations were given a large slice of the costs came from the pockets of those involved, again showing a large level of dedication.

ynnog posted

Another level of concern comes from a comment from Disneyhead

Since Bob was banned by Uni, for taking construction photos for this forum, he has worked hard to find a new niche, that work coupled with the leads he has built have bought the forums another level of interest, especially falcons fury which I and many others have enjoyed following that thread. His photography and construction updates from the Orlando area will be missed and the forums will not be the same without it, so I urge you to please save Bob Wadd and reinstate his account.

Seems like its is Orlando "not so" United. What a shame

Well said, and I agree 100%

Bob requested to be banned (Actually deleted, but that's more finite than a ban) from Orlando United after his dismissal from the Staff. It's not our decision, at this point.

I'm not going to get into the specifics of it all. He was fantastic with photo updates, and his banishment from Universal had very little to do with the decision. It was other contributing factors where the Staff agreed it was time to move on.

Bob thought the best recourse after his removal was to refund all money. We will address what our next step for a chopper update within the next week.

All in all, it was a pretty boring episode of "As The Globe Turns". There were no car chases, fist fights, or slow motion explosions. And the total lack of pyro was disappointing.

All in all, it was a pretty boring episode of "As The Globe Turns". There were no car chases, fist fights, or slow motion explosions. And the total lack of pyro was disappointing.

Yeah seems more like a Michael Bay sponsor appearance than one of his movies.

Always like Bob's great pics

Since Bob was banned by Uni, for taking construction photos for this forum,

Universal Orlando banned Bob, or am I missing something? Anyway, he will be missed; I also greatly enjoyed his Falcon's Fury updates, and in general he was the best source for Seaworld and Busch Gardens news.

Universal Orlando banned Bob, or am I missing something? Anyway, he will be missed; I also greatly enjoyed his Falcon's Fury updates, and in general he was the best source for Seaworld and Busch Gardens news.

As Briman said earlier, Bob requested to be banned. I'm not aware of the details of the situation, but Bob left after being dismissed from the site's staff.
Personally I'm really sad that he's left, he was a big part of the community and he will be missed but I hope that it's for the best, both for him and OU.