SeaWorld / Aquatica San Antonio | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld / Aquatica San Antonio

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems to be one of two prototypes of a Intamin Giga-Splash model, though in this case is for smaller vehicles. Think Chiapa's ride vehicle but for this:

Combined with other projects (like DarKoaster) I love that parks like SeaWorld are handing cash for Intamin to do "things". Random, weird things. But amazing things as it looks.

The words “Intamin” and “prototype” have historically never gone well together. I have a bad feeling about this project.

The words “Intamin” and “prototype” have historically never gone well together. I have a bad feeling about this project.

Intamin just launched their take on the single rail in AU, I don't believe that has been a failure sofar (and that thing has Tire launches). They've been getting more and more out of their comfort zone, especially given Chiapas and Infinity Falls. They're even doing a multilap multi launch for BGW. I think that they'll be fine.

San Antonio has Adventure Island water park built in. Fiesta Texas is the same way with a built-in water park. They’re very water heavy.

Considering their JtA is basically a splash boat rather than a water coaster, this is different enough to really stand out.

Catapult Falls announced for 2023:

It looks like it could be fun, but the words "Intamin" and "Prototype" generally mean downtime-a-plenty. Add "Water Ride" to that and I'd say it has a 50/50 shot of delayed opening, downtime, unreliability, and removal after just a few seasons...

Launched water “coaster”? Sounds like this is going to start a very heated debate with thoosies on if this qualifies as a credit or not.

I’m willing to bet $10 this thing won’t be open on time. Intamin has a long history of having issues with their prototypes.

Catapult Falls announced for 2023:

It looks like it could be fun, but the words "Intamin" and "Prototype" generally mean downtime-a-plenty. Add "Water Ride" to that and I'd say it has a 50/50 shot of delayed opening, downtime, unreliability, and removal after just a few seasons...

I could definitely see a lot of technical difficulties coming up, but it does seem like a very fun ride concept. It's just too bad there's evidently no theme on the ride at all; seems like such a huge missed opportunity to tell a story with the unique ride elements. Considering they literally just recycled the Infinity Falls logo (maybe they didn't want to pay the $25 for a new logo from Fiverr lol) I feel like they should've gone for a similar theme: maybe the "explorers" discovered some ancient ruins centered around a river exhibiting strange, preternatural phenomena like sudden rapids, uphill flow and geysers. Wouldn't take anything more than just some audio cues and some minimal scenery to convey.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Freak
Reactions: Journey_On

surprised nobody posted a video of it yet now that its finally open. It looks fun, also cold... very cold lol.. The music is appreciated, but could be better. The geysers aren't deadly enough. It definitely could've used more scenic/landscaping, as well a tunnel or two.

Despite my nitpicking, it looks like a good addition to the park. Glad I got to experience Texas Splashdown years ago (RIP).

Reactions: SkiBum and Jake S