SeaWorld Orlando General Updates | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando General Updates

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd be shocked if those automated parking machines didn't slow things down like crazy.
No doubt.....Reminds me of the machines at the Portofino and Cabana Bay parking lots. Though simpler than these will be with only hotel cards, they don't work half of the time. People fumbling for cards/money , this will be slow
as molasses. A really stupid idea to save a few bucks on parking attendants.....Sea World Executive level has fallen so far from the very competent Anhauser Busch Executives. This is a company in a freefall crisis.

Sea World Executive level has fallen so far from the very competent Anhauser Busch Executives. This is a company in a freefall crisis.
I agree to some extent, but it's also a case of a labor shortage in Orlando that will only be getting worse in the next couple of years with even more competition for employees. I'm expecting more self service kiosks in the parks as well for ordering food. If it means they can save labor (which is their biggest controllable cost) in the face of increased wages with more demand on the labor market it's an unfortunate fact of life they have to contend with.

I agree to some extent, but it's also a case of a labor shortage in Orlando that will only be getting worse in the next couple of years with even more competition for employees. I'm expecting more self service kiosks in the parks as well for ordering food. If it means they can save labor (which is their biggest controllable cost) in the face of increased wages with more demand on the labor market it's an unfortunate fact of life they have to contend with.

With Epic coming online in the next few years, SeaWorld will be struggling to keep its staffing levels high. Their current employee turnover has to be horrendous at the moment, constantly see training happening every time I visit. Wouldn't be surprised if SeaWorld is the first park to implement automated ticket turnstiles like those on subways either.

I'd be shocked if those automated parking machines didn't slow things down like crazy.
Oh they absolutely will - and it’s impossible to make it through a full year without the barcode needing a reprint to be readable by scanners, so that’ll be fun for passholders.

Wonder how long it will take OCSO to approach them (again) about clogging up all of the roads around their parks by understaffing parking booths.

Reactions: Darko
Oh they absolutely will - and it’s impossible to make it through a full year without the barcode needing a reprint to be readable by scanners, so that’ll be fun for passholders.

Wonder how long it will take OCSO to approach them (again) about clogging up all of the roads around their parks by understaffing parking booths.

That and the atrocious exit design. They need to make it easier/safer, it's chaos at park close and dangerous.

There are always more people coming into Orlando…

Reactions: SeventyOne
There are always more people coming into Orlando…
It’s not a labor shortage due to a lack of bodies, it’s a labor shortage due to the cost of living exponentially increasing in the last two years while theme park wages have remained stagnant as remote work becomes more common.

It’s not a labor shortage due to a lack of bodies, it’s a labor shortage due to the cost of living exponentially increasing in the last two years while theme park wages have remained stagnant as remote work becomes more common.
Yes, I love the theme parks to pieces, but I'd never work at one lol

Reactions: Darko

This. There was another article in WSJ this week talking about WDW CMs having to commute over an hour, and again, my first reaction is "why not make the same money at your local Target?" Sea World (and EU) are landlocked in a high-cost area where housing only going to go up, and the (relatively) affordable outer ring housing gets pushed further and further out every month. No one is going to make an 80 minute commute to work a parking gate or in Seafire Grille. WDW and HHN can at least count on "the magic" to draw workers, I'm not sure Sea World has that luxury.

Working attractions is fun though :)
I am trained at both Ripsaw and Kong and love it, though it can be hard, definitely much harder than most would think it is.
Yeah man, working in the parks is still a blast…I wouldn’t trade the experience I had there for anything and it’s a great foundation to build a career on (whether you stay with the company or go elsewhere).

Reactions: anihilnation
Working at a theme park in my opinion is similar to doing retail. Some people love it or hate it but if they enjoy the experience it might turn into a life long job. At the end the day everybody deserves to be paid more.

Working attractions is fun though :)
I am trained at both Ripsaw and Kong and love it, though it can be hard, definitely much harder than most would think it is.
Working "Disaster!" was the single most fun job I ever had. Working Hogwarts was fun too, but the lack of decent A/C anywhere pretty much killed me.