SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember when the food at the SEAS/PRKS was actually one of their strengths and arguably better than Disney and Universal. Unfortunately, the company has been steadily increasing prices and decreasing quality on basically everything since maybe 2018/2019. It seems to me like a ploy to get locals to upgrade to a pass and to make one-time guests pay for the discounts the pass holders receive. The solution for pass holders is to simply avoid buying anything in the parks unless it's free or close to free, but for everyone else I imagine that's not possible, and I worry that over time those bad experiences and word of mouth are going to erode the company's entire non-pass holder customer base.

I remember when the food at the SEAS/PRKS was actually one of their strengths and arguably better than Disney and Universal. Unfortunately, the company has been steadily increasing prices and decreasing quality on basically everything since maybe 2018/2019. It seems to me like a ploy to get locals to upgrade to a pass and to make one-time guests pay for the discounts the pass holders receive. The solution for pass holders is to simply avoid buying anything in the parks unless it's free or close to free, but for everyone else I imagine that's not possible, and I worry that over time those bad experiences and word of mouth are going to erode the company's entire non-pass holder customer base.
Exactly - and not even just the food. The amount of money I spent on BOGO happy hour when beers were $10 vastly exceeds the amount I spent on $12.99 + tip + 5% surcharge beers. And now they're up to $15.49. Pretty sure that would be the most expensive drink I've ever ordered, excluding a $27 quadruple mixed drink at a Cirque show in Vegas.

Smokehouses used to be good, almost a staple of the park, now its just trash unfortunately.

Thankful that they still have decent portion sizes for food festivals... but lanyards are starting to get pricey.

Smokehouses used to be good, almost a staple of the park, now its just trash unfortunately.

Thankful that they still have decent portion sizes for food festivals... but lanyards are starting to get pricey.
Those lanyards are also priced to be the best deals for passholders. It seems the portion sizes have gone down to epcot sized though. Sea world is still a good deal for passholders compared to other festivals, but there was a time it was a runaway slam dunk. Very sad about the smokehouses. A long time ago when I worked in Williamsburg trappers was great. It seems like they have pretty much gotten the bbq down to the bare minimum time to cook and nothing is tender enough anymore,

I do still think sea world festival food is good though. And like I said sea world multi park deals can be cheaper than the list day rate for a single park. No one is getting that deal at a single Disney or universal park.

Reactions: GAcoaster