SeaWorld Unveils 60th Anniversary Celebration Plans | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Unveils 60th Anniversary Celebration Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Lot's of fun sounding little stuff, and it's nice to hear a cirque style show returning to Orlando.

To get the celebration started, the parks will be hosting a special 60th Anniversary launch party March 21-24 that will feature:

• The return of fan-favorite live costumed characters, including Shamu, Coral, and Puck, plus confetti ribbon cannons and a cake-cutting ceremony with specially crafted celebratory cupcakes for guests, while supplies last.
  • New and returning fan favorite food and beverage items, including special snacks, desserts and drinks.
  • New and exclusive vintage merchandise, including reusable water bottles, plush animals, snow globes, backpacks, notebooks, blankets, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, a custom Precious Moments collectible, and more.
  • A variety of special entertainment, including dancers and high-energy atmospheric acts.
  • Commemorative in-park screens sharing memorable moments in the parks from guests and ambassadors. Guests are invited to share their own images and videos of their favorite SeaWorld memories using #SeaWorld60.
  • All-new historical exhibits in all three parks: Pass Member Lounge in SeaWorld Orlando, Explorers Hub in SeaWorld San Diego and Chill Bar in SeaWorld Antonio. These exhibits invite guests to embark on a trip down memory lane through SeaWorld's 60-year history.
"We are thrilled to celebrate 60 years of creating enriching, animal care experiences, exhilarating rides and all-around fun for everyone with our family - the exceptional guests, ambassadors and partners that have made SeaWorld the special place it is today," said Marc Swanson, Chief Executive Officer of United Parks & Resorts Inc. "As we look to the next 60 years and beyond, we are excited about the future and the one-of-a-kind experiences that will continue to inspire the next generation of guests."

There's "So Much More to Sea" at SeaWorld this year as the 60th Anniversary celebrations continue, with more new ways to enjoy all the parks have to offer coming this year, including:

• All-New Thrilling Rides and Attractions: SeaWorld San Antonio just opened the world's first launched flume coaster, "Catapult Falls," to kick off Spring Break, and there's more to come! SeaWorld Orlando's highly anticipated "Penguin Trek" will open this spring, and SeaWorld San Diego is getting ready to soon open "Jewels of the Sea: The Jellyfish Experience," one of the largest jelly cylinders in the country.
  • All-New Presentations & Shows: New exciting Cirque-style shows at SeaWorld Orlando and SeaWorld San Antonio and a live performance character show: Shamu and Crew - 'Together Again' at SeaWorld San Diego, will bring guests more exciting experiences.
  • All-New Character Parades: Making its debut this summer, guests of all ages will enjoy a new 60th Anniversary celebration parade featuring fan favorite live costumed characters.
  • All-New 60th Anniversary Food & Beverage, Merchandise and Collectibles: Guests will be able to celebrate SeaWorld's milestone 60th Anniversary with special limited-edition food and beverage offerings, collectables and exclusive memorabilia throughout the year.

If SeaWorld Orlando doesn't acknowledge JAWS 3D, I'll be very disappointed since the movie was filmed there lol

I wonder if San Diego will have a nod to the former SeaWorld Ohio park that used to exist. I'm lucky enough to have been to that one (before Six Flags World's of Adventure was a thing)

Reactions: IzzyB
If SeaWorld Orlando doesn't acknowledge JAWS 3D, I'll be very disappointed since the movie was filmed there lol

I wonder if San Diego will have a nod to the former SeaWorld Ohio park that used to exist. I'm lucky enough to have been to that one (before Six Flags World's of Adventure was a thing)
I went there several times as a kid it was where we vacationed since we lived in Pittsburgh and at the time my family couldn't afford much else. I still remember the hotel we stayed at had a inside/outside pool than you swam under something to go between the two.

Reactions: Wesker69
Good on SeaWorld, love when parks embrace their history. Wish we could say the same about Universal lol
I'm always one who says that Universal could/should do more, but in fairness, their merchandise line for USF's 30th was pretty extensive, and I suspect that anniversary would have been more of an event had COVID not happened.

I'm surprised -- and mildly concerned -- that we haven't yet heard anything about IOA's 25th, though.

Anyway, SeaWorld's 60th is a big milestone, and it's nice that they're embracing it.

Reactions: saint.piss
I'm always one who says that Universal could/should do more, but in fairness, their merchandise line for USF's 30th was pretty extensive, and I suspect that anniversary would have been more of an event had COVID not happened.

I'm surprised -- and mildly concerned -- that we haven't yet heard anything about IOA's 25th, though.

Anyway, SeaWorld's 60th is a big milestone, and it's nice that they're embracing it.
The retro merch wasn't tied to anything and a 30th anniversary isn't that big of a celebration most of the time.

Yeah, Universal is missing a heck of a cash cow with IOA-related merch. Lots of APs are buying the Epic Universe shirts... would imagine there's a bit of demand for IOA.

Went to SeaWorld Ohio a couple of times, and Geauga Lake amusement park, on the other side of the lake, a good number of visits. Both parks were pretty small and not very impressive. Once Sea World sold it, it really nosedived in substance.

lol

WTF, so the park that is turning 60 gets one thing....the other parks get new shows.....maybe I'm reading this wrong but hope San Diego has more planned then the Jelly Fish

• All-New Presentations & Shows: a live performance character show: Shamu and Crew - 'Together Again' at SeaWorld San Diego, will bring guests more exciting experiences.
  • All-New Character Parades: Making its debut this summer, guests of all ages will enjoy a new 60th Anniversary celebration parade featuring fan favorite live costumed characters.
  • All-New 60th Anniversary Food & Beverage, Merchandise and Collectibles: Guests will be able to celebrate SeaWorld's milestone 60th Anniversary with special limited-edition food and beverage offerings, collectables and exclusive memorabilia throughout the year.

San Diego just opened up Arctic Rescue last year, despite its underwhelming lack of scenic details. Emperor before that.

They also went all out for their 50th across all three parks 10 years ago, well 11 due to the apocalypse. They're going through a full restructure so expecting more right now is just silly. It makes sense to spread the wealth between the 3 parks rather than just one at this time. They're trying to regain their brand or some form of it

• All-New Presentations & Shows: a live performance character show: Shamu and Crew - 'Together Again' at SeaWorld San Diego, will bring guests more exciting experiences.

San Diego just opened up Arctic Rescue last year, despite its underwhelming lack of scenic details. Emperor before that.

They also went all out for their 50th across all three parks 10 years ago, well 11 due to the apocalypse. They're going through a full restructure so expecting more right now is just silly. It makes sense to spread the wealth between the 3 parks rather than just one at this time. They're trying to regain their brand or some form of it
New Orca Show is very welcome, would not mind the other shows just getting new Dialogue and Music

I hope it works out for them but.....if they don't see the attendance they want this year after this it shows they either aren't doing want guests want or not spending enough

Their social media has acknowledged Ohio (along with some other great old shots of the parks):

Speaking of-- 20 years ago today was the day that Six Flags sold Worlds of Adventure to Cedar Fair...

• Love