Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have no knowledge of this mythical trackless version of the ride everybody keeps talking about, those photos of the showbuilding and layout do nothing to alter my conception of what I've been thinking this attraction was going to be: a fairly conventional dark ride (and I mean that in the best possible sense), regardless of the specific ride system.

From Theme Park Obsession,

Additionally, some more footage from the 30th.

Gotta be blunt, I can very much tell more clearly just the vertical size from the first to the second. And if I'm going to guess, we shouldn't be worrying much about a queue problem.

Last edited:
Haven't seen anyone post this yet so:

Always hated that dead end by Despicable Me where you can see out of the park. They could have build a firehouse facade as part of the SLOP building with an entry way big enough to let an actual fire truck in (as I think its a fire access point?)

Looks like an Omnimover style layout

What make you say that? Wouldn't a more traditional dark ride have a similar looking track?

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be very interesting to see an omnimover at Universal. Unless one counts FJ, I'm not aware of Universal ever doing a "traditional" omnimover (such as Disney's HM, Mermaid, Buzz, etc.). It'd be kinda cool to see their take on it.

On the other hand, an ever more traditional dark ride (such as Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, or even joined train like Journey Into Imagination or Cat in the Hat) would be great as well. Not too picky here... although I'd hope an omnimover would have greater capacity.

Last edited:
What make you say that? Wouldn't a more traditional dark ride have a similar looking track?

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be very interesting to see an omnimover at Universal. Unless one counts FJ, I'm not aware of Universal ever doing a "traditional" omnimover (such as Disney's HM, Mermaid, Buzz, etc.). It'd be kinda cool to see their take on it.

On the other hand, an ever more traditional dark ride (such as Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, or even joined train like Journey Into Imagination or Cat in the Hat) would be great as well. Not too picky here... although I'd hope an omnimover would have greater capacity.

The Yoshi Ride for USJ and (eventually) UOR are Omnimovers, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they changed this ride system to that as well

Sorry to ask this of you guys, but could anyone link an article or explain to me what the old plans for this ride looked like and what they looked like now?

Sorry to ask this of you guys, but could anyone link an article or explain to me what the old plans for this ride looked like and what they looked like now?

In theory, the original was a Trackless Family Dark Ride, in the same vein to Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDL.

It would've (and still should) be a large amount of a practical classic dark ride, with little to no screens for the ride portion, and using a version of the Oceaneering Trackless system seen from Hunny Hunt and Antarctica (particularly the latter).

As for now, it seems to be more of a traditional dark ride in ride system (presumably a Omnimover), with practical effects.

It's a bit late, so my memory is a bit hazy..but I believe that's what it was and what it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.