Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this up now that its apparently just some talk or whispers? and shockingly sooner than i think anyone expected. Interesting point brought up on the other thread.. If kids/Families are catered to with this would that allow Camp Jurassic to come down for a Jurassic world attraction Just some spit balling but i actually thought it was a good point.

AA's and dark ride in an abandoned corner of IOA is welcomed by me anyway and im sure many many others. just leaves me wondering since this is happening so soon where does that leave other ideas rumors and whispers that were replacing this abandoned corner or very close to this abandoned corner lol.

im all over the place sorry guys my mind is spinning with this stuff now so many projects that this overlaps and bumps around and could cause major shifts in rumored time lines and replacements, i believe any how

Hmm.. The Secret Land of Pets? :lol: This doesn't seem like a fit for IOA at all but a new ride is a new ride.

BTW.. Do NOT google if The Secret Life of Pets is based on a book. It brought up something in the Erotica/BDSM section of Amazon which I did not know existed.

Hmm.. The Secret Land of Pets? :lol: This doesn't seem like a fit for IOA at all but a new ride is a new ride.

BTW.. Do NOT google if The Secret Life of Pets is based on a book. It brought up something in the Erotica/BDSM section of Amazon which I did not know existed.

Kong isn't based on a book, and neither is Dudley Do-Right. Yes, there were Do-Right comic strips, but they came after the show. The "IoA is about literature" has always been a slant rule

I am just blown away with what Universal is doing. We are truly about to enter the golden years.

I think we are entering the golden years for Orlando in General. Between all three of these companies the next 5 years is going to be great. Glad I have APs for all the parks because I don't want to miss any of this stuff.

I think it fits well with where they want the park to GO not the parks past.

Is this an attempt at capitalizing as much as possible, as early as possible on something that could be the next Despicable Me? I'd be interested in learning about how they justify ride development before heavy promotion even begins (consumer panels, pre-screenings?).

Is this an attempt at capitalizing as much as possible, as early as possible on something that could be the next Despicable Me? I'd be interested in learning about how they justify ride development before heavy promotion even begins (consumer panels, pre-screenings?).

I think they assume that anyone who saw DM will see this and love it. Honestly, I am excited for it and I know my daughter will LOVE this. Kids love dogs and cats, so an animated movie about them is perfect for them. If they do adult like jokes like DM they will get the adults to like it too. So overall I think it has the potential to be a huge hit. They probably have done some testing on it too. With the movie opening next summer, I have to guess that some studies have been done along with surveys.

Not even in the slightest? Not even the ride system or reliance on physical sets and figures? Nothing? Nada? You prefer an unused theater?

I don't give two hoots and physical sets and figures, I've been one of the few people coming to Universal's defense about their lack of AAs and what not. This attraction is out of place and is based on a property that could totally flop. I'd rather they use the theater area to expand Marvel or even Toon Lagoon than do some lame stand alone attraction on an upcoming movie that may or may not be good.

I don't give two hoots and physical sets and figures, I've been one of the few people coming to Universal's defense about their lack of AAs and what not. This attraction is out of place and is based on a property that could totally flop. I'd rather they use the theater area to expand Marvel or even Toon Lagoon than do some lame stand alone attraction on an upcoming movie that may or may not be good.

Like WaterWorld which last year got the highest Guest Satisfaction score in history at USH.

1) Marvel was never going to go here.
2) Toon Lagoon was never, ever going to be expanded. It will be rethemed at some point, making this fit in perfectly.
3) There is nothing even close to lame about this concept.

Worries about the property may be warranted, but honestly I don't care about that. We're getting a great ride. All I really care about.

Don't know what it is, but it has dumb written all over the place. Hopefully it's just a rumor.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-30486-1342449343-12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.