Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SING is being hardcore pushed by Illuminations. Hints all the huge promotions in comparison to SLOP. SING is way more important to them than any other film hints the awards push and the promotion push and the Christmas Holiday release date and the nominations to Annie and the Oscar push.

You may not think it would be good but Comcast thinks it is good.

The trailers didn't show the ending. You see a glimpse of the finale showdown but there's a lot more to it. (Saw the movie last saturday)

Since you've seen it, would you say it's suitable for an AA-filled dark ride?

Since you've seen it, would you say it's suitable for an AA-filled dark ride?

Definitely. After seeing it, it wouldn't work as a show as it would be way too long and the first and second act are all character development with songs mixed in and the last act is just a huge overproduced finale which would be a great ride through scene. The movie lends itself not for a show but for a ride.

Definitely. After seeing it, it wouldn't work as a show as it would be way too long and the first and second act are all character development with songs mixed in and the last act is just a huge overproduced finale which would be a great ride through scene. The movie lends itself not for a show but for a ride.

That sounds fine to me, then! As someone who has no great interest in SING (or SLOP), my primary criteria for a ride based on either would be something colorful and AA-rich, so if SING can be the IP vehicle for a ride like that, terrific.

After finally watching the film, I have some thoughts about it and what I think may be happening to the project..

The film, while I saw the story coming; was thoroughly engaging. As a pet owner, and as a lover of dogs; I found the use of the pets the be outstanding, with such a variety you can choose to see for the ride. And as for the cast, the true props can go to Kevin Hart and Louis C.K. as they in a weird way made me laugh the most. But, the true winner is the animation. It captures the huge scope of the city of New York through the pet's eyes, and if any of the set pieces in the film are an indication, I want this ride to be the best it can possibly be.

Now..do I think it's postponed? Yes. Why? The fact the film made over a billion dollars, being higher in domestic BO than Inside, and that it is a simple concept that can be seen throughout the planet easily for families. But there is another reason, Universal Studios Hollywood seems to be doing a revitalization of the Universal Lower Lot; including demolition of multiple soundstage's for theme park use.

If I were Universal Creative; I'd actually figure out a way to not only have Nintendo down there, but a more fleshed out New York Street with Secret Life of Pets and Race Through New York (changed to cater more capacity) as major aspects of the new land. It makes so much sense, as it allows the addition of not only one attraction, but also allows Universal to revitalize portions of the land that have been themed to the studio. Plus, it also allows additional capacity and more to offer in the theme park.

Plus, it could also be a great way to express synergy within the theme park; much like what Universal Orlando is doing with Fallon, incorporating an popular IP to make the land more seamless. Perhaps that's my own opinion, but it would actually make sense to why they are waiting till they have all of the plans down there fully realized.

After finally watching the film, I have some thoughts about it and what I think may be happening to the project..

The film, while I saw the story coming; was thoroughly engaging. As a pet owner, and as a lover of dogs; I found the use of the pets the be outstanding, with such a variety you can choose to see for the ride. And as for the cast, the true props can go to Kevin Hart and Louis C.K. as they in a weird way made me laugh the most. But, the true winner is the animation. It captures the huge scope of the city of New York through the pet's eyes, and if any of the set pieces in the film are an indication, I want this ride to be the best it can possibly be.

Now..do I think it's postponed? Yes. Why? The fact the film made over a billion dollars, being higher in domestic BO than Inside, and that it is a simple concept that can be seen throughout the planet easily for families. But there is another reason, Universal Studios Hollywood seems to be doing a revitalization of the Universal Lower Lot; including demolition of multiple soundstage's for theme park use.

If I were Universal Creative; I'd actually figure out a way to not only have Nintendo down there, but a more fleshed out New York Street with Secret Life of Pets and Race Through New York (changed to cater more capacity) as major aspects of the new land. It makes so much sense, as it allows the addition of not only one attraction, but also allows Universal to revitalize portions of the land that have been themed to the studio. Plus, it also allows additional capacity and more to offer in the theme park.

Plus, it could also be a great way to express synergy within the theme park; much like what Universal Orlando is doing with Fallon, incorporating an popular IP to make the land more seamless. Perhaps that's my own opinion, but it would actually make sense to why they are waiting till they have all of the plans down there fully realized.
I think you're onto something here.

With much of the lower lot becoming theme park space, they could be rethinking the logistics of the attraction, maybe even building a land (NYC) as you suggest. Just because a project is stalled doesn't mean it's done. Hell, many thought that the KZ project would get going 2 years ago before we even found out about Nintendo and here we are with Nintendo still not started... but that's obviously happening.

Last edited:
I think you're onto something here.

With much of the lower lot becoming theme park space, they could be rethinking the logistics of the attraction, hell maybe even building a land (NYC) as you suggest. Just because a project is stalled doesn't mean it's done. Hell, many thought that the KZ project would get going 2 years ago before we even found out about Nintendo and here we are with Nintendo still not started... but that's obviously happening.

To me, that; is the only reason to why I think this is what is happening to the project. With Universal wanting to make more immersive and unique experiences, it makes sense that UC would want to not only make changes to make the park that much more cohesive in the terms of fully fleshed out land's that are highly themed and very immersive.

New York, if played out right; could be great in the terms of that it could have a large scope in the height of the buildings, as there is a lot of potential in the tall buildings seen throughout the city.

I love that people think Uni just changed their minds at the last second and then just chose their next movie. Creative is not that hilariously indecisive.

My understanding is a screens/VR version of the ride was canceled. If that means they won't build the original version and cancel the project OR they're defaulting back to the original vision, I don't know yet.

My understanding is a screens/VR version of the ride was canceled. If that means they won't build the original version and cancel the project OR they're defaulting back to the original vision, I don't know yet.

Interesting. If it wasn't the original version of the concept, I wouldn't want it to come to Orlando, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.