Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great! Still can’t believe passholders were ONE day away from riding this.:'(
I hope they still do an opening ceremony for the ride.

My guess--when things become more..possible for the park to open, they'll give the USH park a few weeks to just, cool and lower--to not have an explosion. And then, they'll quietly open Pets, with something akin to how they opened The Bourne Stuntacular.

My guess--when things become more..possible for the park to open, they'll give the USH park a few weeks to just, cool and lower--to not have an explosion. And then, they'll quietly open Pets, with something akin to how they opened The Bourne Stuntacular.
You might have a point, Universal is probably taking notice of how much of a fuss WDW reopening is causing in the media, and when it comes time to reopen I imagine they'll want to do so fairly quietly for both the park and SLoP as to not attract the same kind of attention.

I mean I get why they might not day one...but I hope Pets is open pretty soon like within two weeks of the opening. The ride is done and tested and we were a day from riding it, so I'm ready for it to be open as I'm sure most of you are as well. I don't need a Ceremony, lets just have the ride open and enjoy it.

Anymore confirmation for ride time for this? I know someone mentioned 5 minutes before, that’d be awesome! This looks perfect!
It is roughly 5 minutes.

From this video, we can confirm A LOT.

- The vehicles will rotate. Yes
- Projection mapping in multiple scenes. Only 2 scenes
have actual mapping

- Advanced figure animation. Yes
- Water and steam effects. Wouldn't be Universal without it

Well, this COULD be related to Secret Life of Pets. With that recently released trailer, it seems like they would have to update it before running it again to show park guests wearing masks.

Anyways, I wonder if this ride would still be open for HHN? It probably doesn't fit in with the Halloween jive though so I suspect this wouldn't be open owning to being a family ride. Just a thought.

^Um, if you haven't heard, HHN at Hollywood is canceled this year... so, no.

Are you saying if hypothetically HHN were open? I'd still say no, but I suspect they would've pushed the Day/Night combo ticket for those who did want to ride it, just the same as how Hogsmeade is closed for HHN (well, historically, anyway).

I was thinking about how Pets will open with COVID19. There are a few things they might change. We believe there is going to be a Snowball meet n greet outside the ride. Do you think they will delay that for now since it would cause crowds in the street?

I was thinking about how Pets will open with COVID19. There are a few things they might change. We believe there is going to be a Snowball meet n greet outside the ride. Do you think they will delay that for now since it would cause crowds in the street?
I’m guessing the interactive queue elements might be unavailable at first at least. They are doing the Pets character greetings still in Orlando, but it’s a pretty wide street there.

I’m guessing the interactive queue elements might be unavailable at first at least. They are doing the Pets character greetings still in Orlando, but it’s a pretty wide street there.

Hypothetically though--wouldn't they be able to do something of the sort--as the attraction will rely on Virtual Queues? Why not integrate the Meet and Greet as part of that, to space people out for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.