Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they aren't dragging their feet on debuting the ride. With Simpsons and Despicable Me down, they need this up and running to give the park enough value.

Would like to note that many of the preshow and queue elements might not be functioning to comply with COVID-era safety measures.

You can read about some of them in this great preview article from last year!

Now this is wonderful news! It's really crazy how this was all ready to go for TM/Media previews and then...Pand-D. So, I'm quite happy they're not dragging their feet in getting this open with the park.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction to this will be from the Disney centric sites. It seems like something they would like.

It would most certainly seem that way, but even if the ride is honestly good, there will still be those who won't like it solely because it wasn't made by Disney. Naturally they won't explicitly say that because that's the "quiet part", but they'll come up with some run-around reason why they dislike it. (EG, the whole era of "SCREENZ" which was promptly blown apart the moment people started going gaga over FoP. An now that many new Disney rides prominently feature screens, the talk of "SCREENZ" has mysteriously vanished.)

It will be interesting to see what the reaction to this will be from the Disney centric sites. It seems like something they would like.
If I had to guess, there will be hemming and awing over the relatively limited movement of the animatronics (with obligatory references to cheaper entertainment that supposedly approximates the ride, like Chuck-E-Cheese), the inability of the designers to theme the cielings (speaking to the poverty of imagination of today's young designers who can't draw and have depraved aesthetic values), and the incessant need for characters to chime in with dialogue throughout the ride (which...yeah I actually don't like as a trend).

Either way, any valid critiques will likely be couched under a veneer of snobbery and cynicism that makes them intolerable to consider. Such is the course of theme park discussion in the heady days surrounding a new ride's release.

EDIT: Excited for Pets to open though! Let's change the topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.