Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

Has anyone confirmed if this is the exact track layout they used for the Yoshi ride in tokyo? A side by side video comparison would help?
The only similarity is the ride manufacture.
They are totally different layouts and SLOP has rotating vehicles where as Yoshi does not. I think the layout has been posted somewhere in this thread before, will have to try and find it.

Went on Saturday and this ride was cute and fun. My girlfriend and little sister loved it and i was impressed at all the detail it had. For such a small space what they did is impressive and can't wait to take my parents. One of the parts at the end caught me off guard xD. I was going to purchase merchandise but we were rushing as we got there late.
20210410_170052.jpg

Found the layouts in previous posts (Thanks to E-ticket insight & Orlando Parkstop)
SLOP:
View attachment 14360

YOSHI:
View attachment 14361
Wow, that's much more drastically different than I thought they were. We had some talk of SLOP replacing Shrek in Orlando, could it fit in there? I feel like it'd have to be a shortened version. I feel like if they wanted SLOP in the park, they'd put it where MiB is but I want to keep my MiB.

If given the choice to immediately ride SLOP or either of the other big, international dark rides that opened in the last year (Beauty and the Beast at Tokyo Disneyland, Mario Kart at USJ), I would honestly pick this one.

And that's even with the IP meaning the least to me of the three. Universal did a great job here.
Beauty and the Beast has better animatronics than SLOP, though. As much as I love animatronics in any ride, and I’m so glad this is not a screen based attraction, the animatronics do look outdated here. What do y’all think?

I don't think "outdated." By the nature of the attraction, we're dealing with small-ish animals that wouldn't really be conducive to extremely elaborate and impressive movements.

The AAs in BATB look very nice, and I think that ride overall looks good. But there's a bit too much empty space (a pitfall of trackless rides). SLOP appears to use its space more efficiently and packs a lot in.

Beauty and the Beast has better animatronics than SLOP, though. As much as I love animatronics in any ride, and I’m so glad this is not a screen based attraction, the animatronics do look outdated here. What do y’all think?
Beauty and the Beast has the best animatronics but the general consensus I've heard is that it isn't the best with story or flow. I feel it depends on what you're looking for in an attraction that will pick what you prefer. But yeah, the animatronics look a tad bit outdated, but they're still good by Universal standards imo!

I'll take a heck ton of more limited animatronics with lively showrooms over a couple of insane animatronics in an empty feeling experience.

I don't want to downplay the crazy animatronics from BATB though. Let's not make that mistake, those things are jaw dropping.

But I feel like they'd work better in a show over a ride (at least with how the ride convyes its narrative).

Last edited:
I know everyone is gobsmacked, but this is sooooo not what I'm looking for in an attraction.

I know, "but the kiddies...!" Mmmm, yeah, even less a fan of knee high screamin' snot monsters.

I am glad everyone seems to like it though. Even over at MAGIC, the response has been overwhelming positive, unlike their brutal take down of the new JW:TR finale.

I know everyone is gobsmacked, but this is sooooo not what I'm looking for in an attraction.

I know, "but the kiddies...!" Mmmm, yeah, even less a fan of knee high screamin' snot monsters.

I am glad everyone seems to like it though. Even over at MAGIC, the response has been overwhelming positive, unlike their brutal take down of the new JW:TR finale.
Maybe because you're so coaster centric, and this obviously isn't a coaster. :lol: ........:) It's nice to slow the thrill level down every now and then to balance the park experience. From
what I see so far, I'm pretty sure I'll love this ride if it ever makes it's way to Orlando.

Oh c'mon now. Not every child who goes to a theme park is a spoiled brat. Yes, there's a lot of them but I've come across plenty of good spirited children at theme parks. Hell, Disneyland helped me deal with my mental disabilities as a young child. These experiences can genuinely be "important" for some children.

That first reply is a fair response. The next one isn't.

Too much emphasis on fandom "teams" in the theme park fan community, if you ask me.
Agreed! I would assume that Pirates, Mansion, and Hunny Hunt would like a word...but they would also like to congratulate SLOP for doing great at what it does! ;)